Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No time to ask last night how many people have CHAdeMO connectors. It saved my situation a few times this summer, but not in Ontario.

The only easily accessible CHAdeMO near Toronto that I'm aware of is at Powerstream by Highway 400, two minutes from the current meeting place. It's free. (Nissan and some other dealers are reported not to allow Teslas to charge at their locations.)

Last night before the meeting, my charge was only at 49 amps (volts 370 to 387), so the charger was operating at the power level of a home HPWC despite being rated for 50 kW (400 V, 125 A). There's a hardware problem in the unit but no indication of when it will be fixed --- could be a long time. Supposedly other CHAdeMOs are coming to Ontario but I have no information on when or where.

There are 4 CHAdeMO chargers in Ontario listed on plugshare.

I've charged at the Markham CHAdeMO earlier this year:
Canadian CHAdeMO charging - Page 3

AddEnergie, a Canadian manufacturer of Level 2 and CHAdeMO chargers, based in Quebec, is doing most of the installations with Circuit Electrique. They are all over Quebec, and have a few now in Ottawa. I know the sales team for them....and they want to start in other areas of Ontario. Expect to see a lot more soon.

Guys we are official with Tesla!
image.jpeg

Just joined the TESLA owners club. Loving the new car so far - 70D with every option except upgraded Audio system.

Coming from an S550, I feel this car is so much more rewarding to drive and love not having to frequent the gas stations. 2 things i do wish they improved on was more storage (especially on the doors) and text msgs be viewed on the screen.

Still have my e92 m3 when I need my fix of NA induction & exhaust noises.

Like most Tesla owners, you'll find your ICE car will not get driven, and eventually sell it. ;-)

Lol I keep hearing this but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I love rear wheel drive & the size of the M3 makes it easier to toss around with the tail out.

Hopefully torque vectoring will be available soon, which I'm surprised Tesla hasn't applied to these D models yet.