Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Specific question about 2022 MYP & Xpel window tint!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
……..

On my MYP next week I’m going to do 15% front, 50% rear windows, rear glass and front windshield 😁
What tint did you do on your front windshield? I just had my 2022 Y windshield tinted with XPEL XR Plus 80% VLT. I am liking the heat rejection, the huge un-tinted Model Y windshield was like a solar oven. I have not driven much at night yet, so no verdict on visibility yet.

GSP

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
It’s kind of hard to capture without reflections.
47FCDDE4-F06F-4451-8FED-B908749B26AC.jpeg

417A21F6-E4CF-4003-948D-343F068C5460.jpeg

E048AC6D-C1C8-41F6-B2AD-D8FB4062E9CE.jpeg

What tint did you do on your front windshield? I just had my 2022 Y windshield tinted with XPEL XR Plus 80% VLT. I am liking the heat rejection, the huge un-tinted Model Y windshield was like a solar oven. I have not driven much at night yet, so no verdict on visibility yet.

GSP
Front Windshield is XR Plus 45%. Definitely recommend everyone do 70-80% which is practically clear just for the heat rejection.

• Informative
Reactions: MyMYLRnw and GSP
I know prices are regional (and maybe even different city to city), but does $1,400 sound about right for 70% windshield and rear windows and 20% on the fronts. XR Plus of course… seems really high to me, but it’s been about 3 years since I had tint done and I know the world basically turned inside out since then…

I know prices are regional (and maybe even different city to city), but does $1,400 sound about right for 70% windshield and rear windows and 20% on the fronts. XR Plus of course… seems really high to me, but it’s been about 3 years since I had tint done and I know the world basically turned inside out since then…
Im in Philly and have been going to same reputable place for 10 yrs. Sides and rear xr plus is 649.00, xr black is 449.00. Front window xr plus was 350 think. 1400 seems high.

I am planning on 70 on the windshield and 50 sides and back.
Sorry, dumb question (not specific to you): Why are people putting additional tint on the rear passenger sides and back? Is it because they want it darker than the factory tint or the additional benefit of heat rejection?

I will be taking mine in for front driver/passenger tint soon.

Thanks!

Sorry, dumb question (not specific to you): Why are people putting additional tint on the rear passenger sides and back? Is it because they want it darker than the factory tint or the additional benefit of heat rejection?

I will be taking mine in for front driver/passenger tint soon.

Thanks!
At least when I had my 2020 the rear was privacy glass, thus just dark, no thermal rejection though. I want the thermal rejection as well to lower the energy demand on the HVAC during the summer, improve passenger comfort, and fully block UV.

At least when I had my 2020 the rear was privacy glass, thus just dark, no thermal rejection though. I want the thermal rejection as well to lower the energy demand on the HVAC during the summer, improve passenger comfort, and fully block UV.
^^^^^this. Although I’m curious what the heat rejection is on the newer model Ys with double pane rear glass.

IMO that's a pretty outrageous price regardless of the city. I just had almost that exact XPEL tint done on my MYP for about $700 in Nashville (a relatively expensive city). Definitely shop around!