Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit is wrong!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near me there are speed limit signs with a TRUCK sign added at the top, and the car won't autopilot above 35 MPH.

I would like Tesla to recognize that it makes mistakes and let me override the top speed.

AP is only intended to be used on controlled access divided highways (per the manual)

On such roads, it lets you scroll the set speed up to 85 (or 90 for non-vision-only cars) mph regardless of what it thinks the speed limit is.

On roads AP isn't actually intended for, if you insist on using it anyway, it'll limit you to 5 over what it thinks the limit is--- rather than simply refusing to engage as many other brands of cars will do when you try turning on the system on roads not intended for it.

(note the above is for full AP, that is, TACC plus autosteer.... If using TACC alone that'll let you set speed to max regardless of road type or what it thinks the limit is)

Also FWIW, FSDBeta, which IS intended for such non-freeway roads, also allows you to set your speed as high as you want (up to the max of the system) regardless of what it "thinks" the speed limit is.

• Informative
Reactions: Pseudofinn
Near me there are speed limit signs with a TRUCK sign added at the top, and the car won't autopilot above 35 MPH.

I would like Tesla to recognize that it makes mistakes and let me override the top speed.
My mom and I have run into this too. Mom thinks it's something to do with how the sign is put together, some are one piece signs and some are two pieces. Our Model 3 ignores most TRUCK signs, but there is one on a certain road that it always marks as the speed limit for that part of the road and this is one of the two piece signs. The road is 55, but this sign says 45. Have not seen our car do this for any other TRUCK sign yet.