Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed restrictor -July changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an issue with the over nannying approach to life in general that the world had been heading in. This is just one of a long list of issues.

Yesterday I entered an average speed zone on a dual carriageway that had national speed limit signs. The car also said it was 70mph which you assume means both its maps and / or cameras confirm my point of view. However after a bit I was concerned that I seemed to be going faster than most, was this then just that it had a lot of slower drivers or I was somehow mistaken. It did later turn to a 50 and I slowed down but it has me second guessing if I’d missed some temporary speed sign locals knew about. Maybe had been removed, blown over or something but I didn’t see anything.

So I’ll wait and see if I get a speeding offence but it just pisses me off that you try to follow the rules and you can still get done. Either a mistake by myself and the car or the signs aren’t there or it is a 70 and I’m worried about nothing. Obviously if I missed the sign or the signs weren’t actually there won’t matter as the whole process is automatic and your guilty regardless.

It’s like moving into a bus lane to let an ambulance past and then getting nicked by a bus lane camera. No one cares that there’s no bus coming and your doing the right thing for someone in need.