Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed sign recognition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boza

2021 Model S LR+
Sep 24, 2021
Usa
Got 2023.44.30 and immediately after that 2023.44.30.4.
First time driving on a highway after that and big surprise - the FSD does not distinguish between car and truck speed limits anymore. It was fun for 30 min to go 65mph-55mph-65mph… but then it became boring. How did that pass QA?! It started happening immediately after I went on the highway.
Switched back to Autosteer in hope that it will be OK. Didn’t have a chance to test it because I am installing 2023.44.30.6 now. Fingers crossed!

Anyone experiencing the same?

Got 2023.44.30 and immediately after that 2023.44.30.4.
First time driving on a highway after that and big surprise - the FSD does not distinguish between car and truck speed limits anymore. It was fun for 30 min to go 65mph-55mph-65mph… but then it became boring. How did that pass QA?! It started happening immediately after I went on the highway.
Switched back to Autosteer in hope that it will be OK. Didn’t have a chance to test it because I am installing 2023.44.30.6 now. Fingers crossed!

Anyone experiencing the same?
Yes, I got 44.30.6 last night and went for a drive. The speed limit goes from 45 mph to 25 mph at a certain section of my drive and my car with FSD has always slowed down to do that speed limit. (Good thing because it's also a speed trap!) Last night the car blew past the 25 mph sign and was still doing 45 when I noticed it 10 seconds later, whereupon I immediately braked down to 25. On the rest of my drive I noticed the car never noticed the speed limits. This is brand new. I have no idea how to fix it. Did switching to Autosteer fix that for you? Also, I noticed that under Navigation the Set Speed and Offset options are now greyed out so they can't be selected. This is also new.
Side note: I thought under Service/Wheel and Tire that you could select to have a reminder for tire rotation now. I couldn't find it anywhere. But I did find that when I set my tire for all-weather (because nothing was selected by default it seems), it won't save the selection. When I exit and return it's back to no selection. Ideas to fix? Thanks.

Yes, I got 44.30.6 last night and went for a drive. The speed limit goes from 45 mph to 25 mph at a certain section of my drive and my car with FSD has always slowed down to do that speed limit. (Good thing because it's also a speed trap!) Last night the car blew past the 25 mph sign and was still doing 45 when I noticed it 10 seconds later, whereupon I immediately braked down to 25. On the rest of my drive I noticed the car never noticed the speed limits. This is brand new. I have no idea how to fix it. Did switching to Autosteer fix that for you? Also, I noticed that under Navigation the Set Speed and Offset options are now greyed out so they can't be selected. This is also new.
Side note: I thought under Service/Wheel and Tire that you could select to have a reminder for tire rotation now. I couldn't find it anywhere. But I did find that when I set my tire for all-weather (because nothing was selected by default it seems), it won't save the selection. When I exit and return it's back to no selection. Ideas to fix? Thanks.
Haven’t been on the highway since .6 but it seems that you have just the opposite problem of mine :)