Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed to set Air Suspension to "Low"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turf Chopper on a Tesla.jpg
does 180 include the basket? And are you concerned that a basket has a very different torque profile on the hitch than a trailer?

Yes - basket/hitch platform is 40, cart is 140. I can also load TWO carts on the same basket but I use a Cayenne that has a 600 lb tongue weight for that!

I was under the impression that the hitch had a tongue weight rating of about 200lbs, I'd be a little nervous with an electric golf cart plus platform on that.

Likewise, I have the same hitch receiver with the 1 1/4" receiver. It's rated at 200lb tongue weight. I use it for a bike rack or snowboard rack most of the time, but also intended it to tow a pair of 800lb/ea 3 person Sea Doo GTX's on a 17ft, 2 axle trailer. It's pushing the manufacturer weight /tongue limits right up to what they say it can do, and it performs great! At least on my test where I pulled them around town and a short sprint on the freeway to get a feel of how the car feels with them loaded.

I've got the spring suspension, and it holds the trailer just fine.

Reactions: ig_epower