Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spontaneous windshield crack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad I found this thread. My Tesla Model X 2020 Windshield cracked 3 months ago along bottom right without any impact. Tesla SC refused to replace under warranty due to my mileage above 50K miles. I have to pay deductible out of my pocket. After 3 months it's cracked yet again without any impact, this time right front center camera. I've already schedule for service and estimated cost is almost $1700. Hopefully, they will replace it under warranty this time. It's unacceptable for a less than 3 months old Windshield to crack again.

I'm glad I found this thread. My Tesla Model X 2020 Windshield cracked 3 months ago along bottom right without any impact. Tesla SC refused to replace under warranty due to my mileage above 50K miles. I have to pay deductible out of my pocket. After 3 months it's cracked yet again without any impact, this time right front center camera. I've already schedule for service and estimated cost is almost $1700. Hopefully, they will replace it under warranty this time. It's unacceptable for a less than 3 months old Windshield to crack again.
I had two windshield replacements within 30 days. They break a lot. Length of time is not a factor, just bad luck.

My 2016 MX back liftgate glass shattered. Was cold out (below 40 Degrees F) and was warming the interior when it made a loud noise and just shattered. Super strange. Never experienced this in dozens of cars I’ve owned and 30+ years of driving.