Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sporadic window roll downs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Finally called Tesla support. They checked the data and noted a "water ingress fault" with the window actuator. They are sending mobile service to replace the actuator. But now I'm curious as to how water got in there in the first place. Leaky window seals could be a problem here in rainy (and now sub-freezing) Seattle...

I do not believe the 'seals' do any more than keep large debris out of the doors... There is a service bulletin on this window reg issue due to water ingress.

You can ask them, but they will say no. They will force you to go through arbitration first if you didn't opt-out and then you can file a lemon case, but Telsa isn't inclined to make it easy for you at all. They obviously do not want a used car back unless they are forced to take it back.

Right, but they just don't simply swap you a car.
Lemon law cases are legal matters that in the end would mean the company would buy the car back from you.
You have to pay off the lender etc, and then secure financing or pay cash for the new car.

I had the same issue. Once it rained while supercharging and lucky I had a towel, Passenger window down all the wayl. Today July 4th at about 10:33 AM MDT it happened just after I locked the door. Pasanger window went down 4".
I have also had the back window down on return. I used to think it was safer to leave my wallet in the car than in my gym locker but not anymore. This needs a fix.

We have 2 M3s (Mar 2019 and May 2019) and this has happened on both cars. My MS in over 100k miles never had this issue. I first discovered this when I was washing the car and some water went in the backseat due to a window being down - even though no one had even sat back there and there was no way I opened it. The second time we noticed this was on the other car. Went to get in and noticed the rear passenger window was part of the way down. Again, these windows were rolled up fully when we parked the car. Something is up.

I’m experiencing this little gremlin on our new Model 3. The window will be down part way after getting out (maybe about 3 inches; more than the automatic amount it does for opening door). Has happened on two different windows so far. Not sure yet if user error or car bug. I’ll be investigating this more thoroughly over the next few weeks.

I park my car outside so whenever I’m away for a few days I’m super paranoid that a window might be down lol (happened 2 times to me so far). Luckily now they have a vent function in the app which shows you if your windows aren’t fully closed.

I’m experiencing this little gremlin on our new Model 3. The window will be down part way after getting out (maybe about 3 inches; more than the automatic amount it does for opening door). Has happened on two different windows so far. Not sure yet if user error or car bug. I’ll be investigating this more thoroughly over the next few weeks.
Discussed with wife; we think it’s just user error for us, hitting it by accident getting out, but we’ll keep eye out for further issues.

So i'm having a similar issue. This happened a couple of times when I first got the car. Did the calibration thing myself. Then last week during the torrential rain storms, I happened to notice in the app that my back window was down. This happened 3 times. This afternoon at Whole Foods, the same thing happened. Took the car into SC Santa Clara today since I already had an appointment... they are now claiming my tint might be the culprit. I don't buy that excuse, since there are way too many people with the same issue. The "tint" excuse is just a way for them to not do anything under warranty and force me to pay for something. Any ideas?