Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sports mode steering feels significantly lighter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out for 2 weeks and when I got back and started driving my model 3P, I could feel the steering wheel was not as heavy as before. My setting was in sports mode. Has anyone seen this behavior previously? Maybe worth mentioning my Tesla went through a software updates while I was gone, but nothing on the update log was about steering mode change.

One time on a road trip with one of my old rigs, the power steering rack started spewing and groaning.

I popped the hood, used my pocket knife to cut the PS belt, and kept on going. That was definitely a noticeable increase in steering forces :p .

20180908_082024.jpeg

Reactions: tm1v2
Upvote 0
One time on a road trip with one of my old rigs, the power steering rack started spewing and groaning.

I popped the hood, used my pocket knife to cut the PS belt, and kept on going. That was definitely a noticeable increase in steering forces :p .

View attachment 937542
That setup looks a tad heavier to turn than the front of a Lotus Elise...

Reactions: Lindenwood
Upvote 0
6 turns lock to lock? Was that a bus? :p
1974 Ford Maverick with a three-on-the-tree and no PS/PB/AC or any sort of options. Mustard yellow 4-door, straight-six. My brother's first car, taught him how to drive on that. Was a very good condition used car in the early 90s with under 30K miles. Didn't stay that way for long.

Reactions: tm1v2
Upvote 0