Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify/tunein/maps/navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been getting this for a few weeks (maps showing squares and spotify not loading properly). Car is booked to go in next week for investigation. Im in the NW.

I also notice that the LTE logo keeps coming and going on the main screen. Should it be there permantly, as i notice its not on the screen shots posted by Bantam but on one of the two posted by Anfieldgaz?

My car recently updated to 2023.2.12 but the problem was before this.

Just been out in the car, a short distance (dads taxi) and i went through the full range of LTE logos. Started off with no LTE logo, then got just the signal strength crossed out, then LTE and signal strength came up and finally it went off and stayed off for the short journey.

Map was showing detail but spotify wouldnt play anything new.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in this thread but I seem to be having connectivity issues since installing 2022.44.30 on my MYLR - frequently getting the offline routing on the nav message, voice commands giving me a connection error and Spotify being very hit and miss. Yesterday a bit of the map was missing near my destination.

2 button reset seems to rectify for a short time.

Is it just me and is this just something I need to bear until I get into the 2023. Release?

I’m finding this issue super weird but that’s maybe the newbie (pick-up in Dec 22) in me!

On the surface would look like a phone signal issue (only seems to happen within about 1 mile of my house!) but car is reporting good signal.

Speedtest will run in the browser

YouTube & Disney Plus will play but Netflix won’t load

Spotify won’t search but if loaded on wifi prior to departure will allow you to skip through the playlist with the scroll wheels and tunes will play

Dynamic NAV search won’t work and it takes forever to calculate route to even somewhere previously stored

Teslamate is reporting the car offline.

From looking back in the Teslamate the issue cropped up on 25th January and I installed 2022.30.44 on the evening of the 24th. Checking every day for a 2023. release in the hope it’ll sort it out!

In the meantime, I’ve reported it in the app, will report back with whatever the outcome turns out to be.
Posted the above in the 2022.44 software thread and thought it was just me.......almost relieved because it's been driving me mad particularly the maps issue.

On the latest software now and still no change in fact I think the maps issue has actually gotten worse.

I've had mobile service out, he acknowledged the problem but couldn't fix, told me to resubmit, they booked a service appointment for Tuesday past but rescheduled it for May on Monday evening citing delay of parts (no idea what parts!)

I think it’s something in the recent software update as having the same problems and couldn’t connect to Apple Music this morning despite the car beiing connected to my WiFi. Even a two button rest didn’t fix. Seemed to be OK when driving home from work this evening.

Ive been getting this for a few weeks (maps showing squares and spotify not loading properly). Car is booked to go in next week for investigation. Im in the NW.

I also notice that the LTE logo keeps coming and going on the main screen. Should it be there permantly, as i notice its not on the screen shots posted by Bantam but on one of the two posted by Anfieldgaz?

My car recently updated to 2023.2.12 but the problem was before this.
Today I am gettig maps OK but the satellie images are not appearing. When I tap the screen the icon that gives the satellite imaging is missing. Tried 2 button reset ut no effect

My service request for the issue is still open and currently with Regional Engineering, they have asked me to run some tests when next I experience the issue:-

When the MAP tiles are blank, park the vehicle and test youtube, web browser, radio and spotify, record the timestamp when each app is tested and which of those work.

Ironically I haven't had any issue the last couple of day (despite them chasing me daily for the results of my tests). So haven't been able to do the test they want me to perform and report back.

Thought this maybe useful in the event other people are experiencing the issue and what to add it to their service request.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
My issue isn’t quite the same, but this is the latest thread on Spotify, so jumping on.

I’m on 2023.2.12 with premium connectivity. I am signed into Spotify with my own account. I keep having an issue where Spotify signs out and music stops playing. This is frustrating as signing back in isn’t easy (with a secure password) and ideally needs to be done when stationary.

Anyone else having Spotify sign-out issues?

• Informative
Reactions: Garry TheBiz
Similar problems here with maps not displayed correctly. Radio DAB keeps stuttering and I couldn’t answer the phone in the car as the touch screen was non responsive. I put a service request in this lunchtime and a couple of hours later the maps started working again. Coincidence? The phone still unusable and the DAB still flakey.

It feels like the CPU is overloaded.

I had a 2020 M3 loaner the other day and this had a worse blank map screen than my car on the way over to the SC.
Don’t think it’s anything specific to individual cars hence service requests maybe pointless?
It’s some form of network bug issue. I’m no techie but both times maps worse for me when in more remote areas, whether it’s amplification or network restrictions with certain 3G/4G towers who knows???
Spotify has had its moments in both our cars. Often a stop and a wee poke around brings it back into life but the wife had a full 2h journey home the other night in silence and it started up as she pulled the car up on our drive… perhaps it had just connected to the home Wi-Fi and sprang into life?

I received a message from Tesla Service Leeds this morning that acknowledged that their is a problem with maps not loading and that engineering are looking into it.
Did they say if they thought this was related to a Tesla server related issue or an individual car hardware related issue or an individual car/software issue ... or a general car software issue relating to a particular version?

Reactions: ElectricPolice
I was meant to take my car in today for them to investigate further.

I postponed, as i got a message yesterday saying they could perform a low voltage reset and clear the map cache, but this might only be a temporary fix. I dont have the time to take the car in for work that isnt guaranteed to fix it.

Clearly Tesla dont have a handle on what is causing these issues yet.