Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify/tunein/maps/navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are people getting on with this?

For me, the issue is still there but I'm driving the same routes and the sqaures on the map aren't there anymore. This weekend may see us venture off the usual routes so I'll see what I get.

Spotify is still struggling with the spinning symbol which does eventually go, but it takes time.

Only just discovered this thread, me too! I opened a ticket. I've had decent signal (3 bars) and a completely blank map display. The same areas load fine on a different trip going through the same area.

My ticket was mainly about not being able to wake the car when it's parked outside the office. Possibly unrelated issues.

Something weird going on for me just now too. As well as Spotify not connecting for ages and dark mode staying on (if car left in dark mode then get in next day during daylight) I'm also having (admittedly minor) issue in that I walk up to car and I can get in. The screen shows as normal but when I put my foot on brake I get the screen that shows when you need to tap the key card on the pillar to get in. Even though I'm already in the car. It then goes black and I have to open door then everything works as normal after that.

Reactions: woodmountain
I’ve had same issue over the last couple of months. Service say they are aware of the issue so I’ve asked for a refund of premium connectivity! Ya v annoying and does seem to happen more at certain addresses… again leeds area. V odd.
Same here. Set off this morning from home in Huddersfield and mapping changes to blank grey tiles around south Leeds. Over the weekend it did it from south Leeds all the way to the east coast. Did a 2 button reset at the coast and all was fine on the return journey. Yet this morning same again, grey tiles from south leeds all the way to work in York. It’s rubbish and has been like this for a few weeks now.

from the messages back from Tesla from the SR I raised (in relation to missing map tiles) the issue is comms between their server and google servers, when it loses LTE signal it doesn’t then reconnect when LTE signal is available again. my work around that has worked so far (twice), is when the map tiles start to disappear I connect via wifi (mobile hotspot) this then loads the map tiles, disconnect Wifi so it goes back to LTE and hey presto the map tiles don’t disappear. It’s a faff but easier than pulling over and doing a two button reset until they release an update that fixes the issue

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Last couple of drives over an hour, start off with maps, after a while, nothing (except when zoomed out). Driving to Scotland tomorrow, will I have 6-7 hours of no maps? 🤦‍♂️

I'm finding it hard to buy the "it's the servers" line. Works fine at the start of a trip.

Last couple of drives over an hour, start off with maps, after a while, nothing (except when zoomed out). Driving to Scotland tomorrow, will I have 6-7 hours of no maps? 🤦‍♂️

I'm finding it hard to buy the "it's the servers" line. Works fine at the start of a trip.
My understanding is that once it struggles to download a tile once (probably due to connection issues), it doesn't work again until an MCU restart (which may just be getting out and the car going to sleep I think...).

Still pretty poor.

I saw the same issue with maps today in Weston-super-mare, which should have good 4G signal from all networks. Glad to hear its not just me.

I think I'll be switching to Waze on the phone from now on.

Over the past few years the serving of maps has been very reliable so there's definitely something going on. Temporary loss of a "tile" was a rare occurrence. If the new software update doesn't resolve it then presumably it's not down to what the car itself is doing.

For anyone experiencing the map tile issue, please do raise a service request to report this.

Tesla are aware of an issue and I've been told it's with engineering but additional reporting to aid prioritisation would not hurt.

Reactions: Bantam
My understanding is that once it struggles to download a tile once (probably due to connection issues), it doesn't work again until an MCU restart (which may just be getting out and the car going to sleep I think...).

Still pretty poor.
I have managed to get the Map tiles working again by switching to Wifi connectivity (Hotspot from Moby) wait for the tiles to reappear and then switch back to LTE connectivity. Again not ideal but better then pulling over and doing a two button reset/Wait for the car to go to sleep.

I have managed to get the Map tiles working again by switching to Wifi connectivity (Hotspot from Moby) wait for the tiles to reappear and then switch back to LTE connectivity. Again not ideal but better then pulling over and doing a two button reset/Wait for the car to go to sleep.
I tried that previously without success - maybe I'll try again, as it happens just by Manchester Airport pretty much every day...

I tried that previously without success - maybe I'll try again, as it happens just by Manchester Airport pretty much every day...
I wonder if you are still connecting back onto the dodgy LTE mast when you reconnect to LTE. I must admit I have only tried it twice (worked both times), so not a great test to say it is a viable work around, and I had travelled some distance before reconnecting LTE so assume I had moved to a different LTE mast area.

Reactions: spooksman