Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking noise when pre heating - video attached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled into my garage After a rainy drive home in my Y tonight and noticed this similar squeak coming from the vent area under the frunk. Sorry I can’t seem to attach a video, happy to if someone tells me how. Any more ideas about what this is from?

This week I started having a noise like this with my Model S when preconditioning (i.e., preheating) in the morning (it is still cold at night here). Mine is essentially the same but a little more constant. As soon as a door opens the preconditioning stops and this noise stops with it. Has anyone had this successfully taken care of? I have a service appointment coming up, and I'd like to get this addressed too if I can.

This week I started having a noise like this with my Model S when preconditioning (i.e., preheating) in the morning (it is still cold at night here). Mine is essentially the same but a little more constant. As soon as a door opens the preconditioning stops and this noise stops with it. Has anyone had this successfully taken care of? I have a service appointment coming up, and I'd like to get this addressed too if I can.
They said it’s normal

Did this problem get resolved?

I wouldnt exactly call the sound mine makes a squeaking sound. Mine sounds more like a jet engine whenever the heat is turned on. A REALLY LOUD jet engine. When I exit the car and the car shuts down, you can hear it spooling down. The loudness kind of surprised me coming from a normally really quiet car.