Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Ambient Lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
theres a thread that shows someone rewiring it.

That blows my noodle that they installed the hardware but just didn't run the wire... Which speakers are we talking about?
A Pillar and rear deck if I recall correctly. It's been discussed, but TL;DR is that it is less expensive to put the drivers in but not add to the wiring loom (cost of manufacturing efficiencies covers the cost of the parts).

Sorry, I'm new to Tesla but do you mean that cars with the Partial Premium interior don't have all the speakers wired up?
Yes

Here is one one of the threads about it I believe.
Aftermarker Sound Upgrade of 3 Front 4" speakers

Reactions: M3FNATIK
its been pretty heavily documented. the a-pillar and rear speakers are not wired for audio and you cannot hook them up to the current audio as they would be under powered. while the speakers are perfectly fine, you'll need another amp.

I suspect the rear panel speakers appear to be wired for for low volume - believe they're being used in absence of an actual subwoofer to output the low frequencies which then propagate down the side cavity of the car.. place your hand on the side of the boot on the outside and you can definitely feel vibrations with the music.. There is no way that is generated from the midsize speakers on the rear doors.