Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model 3 Discontinued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR+ should simply become the base Model 3. ...
Only if they're going to start charging $35K for it. I, for one, was unwilling to part with $40K for a car. In general, I'm unwilling to part with more than $30K for a car, with the incentives here, I can tell myself I haven't.

OK, because I let them talk me into a discounted red, I'm actually at $31K, but at least I tried.

Last edited:
I took delivery of an SR today for a family member. The car shows “SR” on the window sticker although on the screen it still said SR+. The car definitely had only 220 miles of range. I tested the front seats and they are definitely heated and got warm very quickly. There was no option to enable the heated seats in the rear. Fog lights were not showing as an option. Immersive sound “on/off” was available. Car was running 2019.7.107.

No floor mats. No streaming. Standard maps, no option to switch to satellite maps.

Can you clarify what "standard maps" does and looks like on the SR? how is it different from the SR+? I don't care about satellite view or seeing the live traffic (color coded congestion info)… but it is important for me to be able to have turn by turn navigation that speaks to me and reroutes me according to live traffic... additionally, I want to make sure I can access navigation and directions to superchargers as needed/desired.

can you provide some clarity with that?

I took delivery of an SR today for a family member. The car shows “SR” on the window sticker although on the screen it still said SR+. The car definitely had only 220 miles of range. I tested the front seats and they are definitely heated and got warm very quickly. There was no option to enable the heated seats in the rear. Fog lights were not showing as an option. Immersive sound “on/off” was available. Car was running 2019.7.107.

No floor mats. No streaming. Standard maps, no option to switch to satellite maps.

If you charge to 100%, do you lose regenerative braking?

Can you clarify what "standard maps" does and looks like on the SR? how is it different from the SR+? I don't care about satellite view or seeing the live traffic (color coded congestion info)… but it is important for me to be able to have turn by turn navigation that speaks to me and reroutes me according to live traffic... additionally, I want to make sure I can access navigation and directions to superchargers as needed/desired.

can you provide some clarity with that?

Standard maps show the streets as a computer graphic rather than a satellite image. If you have google maps on a phone app you can see what they look like. You still get all the turn by turn directions and it still uses live traffic data to choose optimal routes. You can still see supercharger availability. It will still route you to a supercharger as needed on longer trips.

Standard maps show the streets as a computer graphic rather than a satellite image. If you have google maps on a phone app you can see what they look like. You still get all the turn by turn directions and it still uses live traffic data to choose optimal routes. You can still see supercharger availability. It will still route you to a supercharger as needed on longer trips.
thanks! super helpful!

tbh Standard maps arnt bad at all. I like them

The standard maps are fine and navigation does re-route based on live traffic even if the map doesn't show the traffic visualization. I have my work and home addresses entered so each day as I leave my house I touch the Navigation button and drag down. This routes me to Work automatically. I do the same as I leave work (or from anywhere not Home) and it routes me Home. I always look forward to finding out which way it will take me home that day.

Also, to see available Superchargers even when not planning a trip - you can click on the lower right of the screen. That will reveal a lightning bolt icon. Click that icon and it will display all the SCs on your screen map.

Another feature I use from time to time is sharing with my car a destination found on my phone using Google Maps. Just find it and Share and then select the Tesla App. I'll do this sometimes before leaving work. Then when I get in my car, the destination is already programmed.

• Helpful
Reactions: A2be
The standard maps are fine and navigation does re-route based on live traffic even if the map doesn't show the traffic visualization. I have my work and home addresses entered so each day as I leave my house I touch the Navigation button and drag down. This routes me to Work automatically. I do the same as I leave work (or from anywhere not Home) and it routes me Home. I always look forward to finding out which way it will take me home that day.

Also, to see available Superchargers even when not planning a trip - you can click on the lower right of the screen. That will reveal a lightning bolt icon. Click that icon and it will display all the SCs on your screen map.

Another feature I use from time to time is sharing with my car a destination found on my phone using Google Maps. Just find it and Share and then select the Tesla App. I'll do this sometimes before leaving work. Then when I get in my car, the destination is already programmed.
thanks so much for your insight and tips!

Reactions: wiscy67

OCR1, since you are from SoCal, do you know if the M3 SR qualifies for the SCE $1k rebate and HOV stickers? It doesn't specifically mention the SR, only Plus in the eligibility list. I'm planning to get the SR as well.

OCR1, since you are from SoCal, do you know if the M3 SR qualifies for the SCE $1k rebate and HOV stickers? It doesn't specifically mention the SR, only Plus in the eligibility list. I'm planning to get the SR as well.

We just took delivery of the SR on Monday and we can’t apply for either of those rebates until we have a license and registration, so I can’t say for sure. My best guess is that both agencies will honor the rebates on the SR since there is no logical reason to exclude them. But I would try calling them if you want to know for sure. I’m still waiting on my Edison rebate and my HOV stickers on the M3 we picked up in March.

We just took delivery of the SR on Monday and we can’t apply for either of those rebates until we have a license and registration, so I can’t say for sure. My best guess is that both agencies will honor the rebates on the SR since there is no logical reason to exclude them. But I would try calling them if you want to know for sure. I’m still waiting on my Edison rebate and my HOV stickers on the M3 we picked up in March.
I called SCE today and inquired about the model3 SR, and they confirmed that the car would be eligible for the rebate!

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
... and? Other dealers fluctuate as each customer walks in the door.

The only price that matters is the one in effect when you hit “Buy now”....

Last time I checked Tesla wasnt a “dealer”

MSRP of a vehicle never fluctuates on a bi-weekly basis, you’ll never see a vehicle at a dealership go below MSRP and then shoot up above MSRP the following week.

Not even the same thing.

Last edited:
Last time I checked Tesla wasnt a “dealer”

MSRP of a vehicle never fluctuates on a bi-weekly basis, you’ll never see a vehicle at a dealership go below MSRP and then shoot up above MSRP the following week.

Not event the same thing.

Yes and no. They are not a dealer in the sense that they don’t have an intermediary between the OEM and the customer. But they are selling directly to the consumer just as a dealer would, and traditionally it’s the entity that has the final sale authority that tends to do all of the wheeling and dealing. So in Teslas’s case they are doing a lot of the same stuff that dealerships do to move cars but they are also establishing the MSRP of the car at the same time.

I’m sure Tesla would like to just sell every car at MSRP and if they could they would be. But obviously market conditions have dictated that they offer incentives to move inventory so they have done what they have to do to survive.

Reactions: A2be and dmurphy