Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled for home delivery today in Mission Viejo.

Ordered 2/18
MY SR
White ext.
black interiors
Tow hitch
20” Induction
5 seat
No FSD.
What the heck! We have very a simila
Scheduled for home delivery today in Mission Viejo.

Ordered 2/18
MY SR
White ext.
black interior
Tow hitch
20” Induction
5 seat
No FSD.
you have a 5 seater so that makes a little sense.

By ordered you mean you called a store and asked if any were available?

Guessing these are CVAP rejects since the funding ran out.
Actually found a coincidental match on the "New inventory" on Tesla's website at 3am lol. 0 miles on the odometer. Exact configuration I wanted. Highest VIN I've seen too.

Crazy that they said I could pick it up the same day it was born (and same day I put down my deposit). Very lucky how it all worked out.

My SA called today saying they were discontinuing the model y sr. Trying to bump me up to a LR model. I was like What about the RWD LR coming out? Her: "Tesla hasn't announced that yet." I said "Don't cancel my order or deposit, let's wait and see what happens." I ordered 2/17 Midnight silver 7 seater on black interior. No other add on. I've never had an estimated delivery date or vin so we will see what happens. Pasadena CA Tesla.

Bumped out another day.

SR MY, 7 seater, white ext, black ext, 20” induction.
My SA called today saying they were discontinuing the model y sr. Trying to bump me up to a LR model. I was like What about the RWD LR coming out? Her: "Tesla hasn't announced that yet." I said "Don't cancel my order or deposit, let's wait and see what happens." I ordered 2/17 Midnight silver 7 seater on black interior. No other add on. I've never had an estimated delivery date or vin so we will see what happens. Pasadena CA Tesla.

I don't think this is true. Lots of recent SR movement, give it 2-3 weeks.

Actually found a coincidental match on the "New inventory" on Tesla's website at 3am lol. 0 miles on the odometer. Exact configuration I wanted. Highest VIN I've seen too.

Crazy that they said I could pick it up the same day it was born (and same day I put down my deposit). Very lucky how it all worked out.
Which link are you looking at? Will be sure to check time time I wake up with the baby :)

Bumped out another day.

SR MY, 7 seater, white ext, black ext, 20” induction.

I don't think this is true. Lots of recent SR movement, give it 2-3 weeks.
Agreed. Thats why I'm holding on to my order. Also there is a new LR RWD coming. This Standard range thing was clearly done to steal sales away from Fords mach e. They act like they didn't know the range was 244 miles when they released it. They just wanted to disrupt the market and steal some of their thunder at that price point. They didnt have anything ready to compete in that segment. $50k plus is a different animal when you factor in that Ford still had tax incentives on top of a $43k price point.

Agreed. Thats why I'm holding on to my order. Also there is a new LR RWD coming. This Standard range thing was clearly done to steal sales away from Fords mach e. They act like they didn't know the range was 244 miles when they released it. They just wanted to disrupt the market and steal some of their thunder at that price point. They didnt have anything ready to compete in that segment. $50k plus is a different animal when you factor in that Ford still had tax incentives on top of a $43k price point.
LR RWD was my original order in 2019, they actually canceled my order and several SA's I've spoken to have said that Tesla never even had any intention of making that car. Why do you believe they will?

LR RWD was my original order in 2019, they actually canceled my order and several SA's I've spoken to have said that Tesla never even had any intention of making that car. Why do you believe they will?
Because tesla just filed with CARB for that exact model. Tesla gets ready to add new Model Y version after certifying Long Range RWD

Also think about the predicament we are in. 10-15k is a 25% price jump. So LR RWD helps address that. And the Fisker ocean will be under 40k. I can go on and on but there are more reasons for them to make it than to not.

Tesla recently applied for and received their CARB permit for a RWD LR model Y variant. Pretty good chance it is still coming. Need to take most if not all SA intel as with a massive grain of salt.

Would also make sense to cancel and replace the SR MY RWD car with a LR MY RWD - especially given elons comments about the range deficiency.

Where did you order?

Tesla recently applied for and received their CARB permit for a RWD LR model Y variant. Pretty good chance it is still coming. Need to take most if not all SA intel as with a massive grain of salt.

Would also make sense to cancel and replace the SR MY RWD car with a LR MY RWD - especially given elons comments about the range deficiency.
This makes me soo mad, right now....Tesla actually canceled my original order w/o even telling us. Thanks for the info, it;s incredible how bad they are at treating customers.

When did you order and what did you order?
4/2019 LR RWD MY 7... they canceled w/o telling us in Jan. When I got a check for 2500 in the mail I called, got assigned an SA, they told me they canceled with no plans to make the car. If I wanted a MY 7 seater I could get SR AWD or LR AWD. Money was a factor(we can afford, just think 60k is absurd for a car) so ordered SR on 1/20. But now they are going to make a LR RWD after all this...

Bumped the wrong thread (general 7 seater), not this special SR MY 7-seater one :)

Another day, another delay on my end... BUT the end date is also closing in. Looking good!

SR MY, 7 seater, white ext, black int, 20” induction. San Diego.

Estimated Delivery: April 08 - April 21​

4/2019 LR RWD MY 7... they canceled w/o telling us in Jan. When I got a check for 2500 in the mail I called, got assigned an SA, they told me they canceled with no plans to make the car. If I wanted a MY 7 seater I could get SR AWD or LR AWD. Money was a factor(we can afford, just think 60k is absurd for a car) so ordered SR on 1/20. But now they are going to make a LR RWD after all this...
Well, at least you can still cancel/hold the SR and hold out hope for the LR RWD! Though personally I think the MY SR RWD is the highest value and best-buy of any MY variant.