Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR or SR+. Im getting conflicting answers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
faafrvfj0bwa1.jpg

So my car and app both say Standard and Standard Range, not Standard Range Plus and my max range at 100% is 195 miles currently. I also do not have Immersive Mode in Audio settings. Im 99% this is SR software.
I bought my Model 3 from a 3rd party dealership, all my paper work just says Model 3. Doesnt mention SR, SR+, LR, etc. Im the second owner of this car.
I found this in the glove box and the VIN matches my car.
It indicates its a SR+ (with the additional $5k premium). My car DOES have basic autopilot with a FSD capable computer. This sticker is how it was configured when it showed up on the lot, is it not? I called Tesla customer service to inquire about the software not matching the window sticker and the rep claims that regardless of the window sticker and regardless of the vin being on it, unless i have the original owners purchase owner this does not indicate what should actually be on the car. She tells me this car was ordered with Standard Range, not plus. This flies in the face of what this window sticker says. I brought up the fact i had autopilot and why would they order that separate when it was included free with SR+. She couldnt explain but said people do weird things.

I have a service appt next week for an unrelated matter and plan to bring this up. But, what are the chances the customer service rep is correct? Could you actively choose to strip a SR+ down to a SR on delivery? Wouldnt the window sticker be updated in that case. Its seems HIGHLY suspect that the window sticker doesnt match what options the car actually has. Is there any world where the window sticker doesnt match?

Additionally, Teslafi.com says the car reports back this, this is really odd:

vehicle_config
aux_park_lamps: NaBase
badge_version: 0
can_accept_navigation_requests: 1
can_actuate_trunks: 1
car_special_type: base
car_type: model3
charge_port_type: US
cop_user_set_temp_supported: 1
dashcam_clip_save_supported: 1
default_charge_to_max:
driver_assist: TeslaAP3
ece_restrictions:
efficiency_package: M3SRPlus2020
eu_vehicle:
exterior_color: PearlWhite
exterior_trim: Chrome
exterior_trim_override: Chrome
has_air_suspension:
has_ludicrous_mode:
has_seat_cooling:
headlamp_type: Premium
interior_trim_type: Black
key_version: 2
motorized_charge_port: 1
paint_color_override: 255,255,255,0.7,0.04
performance_package: Base
plg:
pws: 1
rear_drive_unit: PM216MOSFET
rear_seat_heaters: 0
rear_seat_type: 0
rhd:
roof_color: RoofColorGlass
seat_type:
spoiler_type: None
sun_roof_installed:
supports_qr_pairing:
third_row_seats: None
timestamp: 1682568835390
trim_badging: 50
use_range_badging: 1
utc_offset: -25200
webcam_selfie_supported: 1
webcam_supported: 1
wheel_type: Pinwheel18CapKit

Last edited:
The off-menu standard could be anything Tesla wanted it to be.
Same as they sold cars with software-limited batteries.

In any case, the Monroney sticker does not apply to used cars, so it really doesn't matter what it says.
Monroney sticker applies to new cars. This is the Monroney sticker from the original owners purchase when it was new that was in the glovebox. Im not talking about the window sticker from the dealership i bought it from.

Could you actively choose to strip a SR+ down to a SR on delivery?

Yes
Monroney sticker applies to new cars. This is the Monroney sticker from the original owners purchase when it was new that was in the glovebox. Im not talking about the window sticker from the dealership i bought it from.

Doesnt matter in the slightest in your case because you purchased a used car. The monroney sticker no longer applies to you, full stop. It doesnt matter what it says, its only applicable to the person who bought the car from the Dealer / manufacturer.

While reading this thread, I saw a thread under Similar Threads that might help: What Really is the difference between SR and SR+

The other thread is about a 2019 Model 3, not a 2020 like yours, but maybe it will help anyway. I don’t know of any reason why a car sold originally as an SR+ would downgrade to an SR, especially if Tesla wasn’t involved in the second sale.

There were people who downgraded their SR+ because they wanted the "35k tesla" back then, I remember some of them posting here. The monroney wouldnt matter, as tesla printed those out mostly after the fact and handed them to people.

I dont think the car would randomly downgrade itself, but there definitely were people who wanted the 35k tesla back then, and downgraded their purchase on site (since it was all software differences).

There were people who downgraded their SR+ because they wanted the "35k tesla" back then, I remember some of them posting here. The monroney wouldnt matter, as tesla printed those out mostly after the fact and handed them to people.

I dont think the car would randomly downgrade itself, but there definitely were people who wanted the 35k tesla back then, and downgraded their purchase on site (since it was all software differences).
Yeah, I'm guessing the owner probably saw an inventory car and downgraded it. Or it's possible they were matched with a car already on site and it was downgraded for delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Thanks for the confirmation guys. Im totally fine with it being a SR. Thats what i thought it was to begin with. The maroney got my wheels turning. Such a weird thing to remove SR+ but add basic autopilot all for a savings of what, $2k?

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Im totally fine with it being a SR. Thats what i thought it was to begin with. The maroney got my wheels turning. Such a weird thing to remove SR+ but add basic autopilot all for a savings of what, $2k?
Basic autopilot has been standard in all Teslas since April 2019, so the previous owner of your 2020 did not pay for that. Source: An Update to Our Vehicle Lineup | Tesla

Reactions: XPsionic
"Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). Similar to other software-limited vehicles produced in the past, Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time."

Does this mean if you look in your phone app's software upgrade menu, you'll see these as something you could purchase?

Correct. I have one ("35k 19 tesla") Like the OP it did say SR+ for a while. 195 mile range matches what I have. It is a SR . software limited range.

My sticker wasn't updated either. I guess I have a case ;)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP
"Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). Similar to other software-limited vehicles produced in the past, Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time."

Does this mean if you look in your phone app's software upgrade menu, you'll see these as something you could purchase?
I do have front heated seats with the option to pay a 1x cost for rears, onboard streaming music does work, navigation with live traffic works with premium connectivity. Range is limited, 195 miles at 100%. Only things I can upgrade in the app are: Rear Heated Seats, Enhanced Auto Pilot ($6k), or FSD ($15k) or $199/mo

Reactions: XPsionic
I do have front heated seats with the option to pay a 1x cost for rears, onboard streaming music does work, navigation with live traffic works with premium connectivity. Range is limited, 195 miles at 100%. Only things I can upgrade in the app are: Rear Heated Seats, Enhanced Auto Pilot ($6k), or FSD ($15k) or $199/mo
If you want to upgrade to a full SR+, I expect Tesla would do it. Even though it is not on the menu of upgrades you can do yourself, if you contact them as ask they probably will give you a price.

Note also that if the car passed through Tesla's hands after the initial sale, they can do whatever they like with it in terms of software. For instance, if the original owner bought FSD, then traded the car to Tesla, who then sold it at auction, and you bought it from a used-car dealer who bought it at auction, then you might not get the original owner's FSD. That's just one of many possible scenarios; in your case, it'd be SR vs. SR+ configurations that are in question. In fact, some people have reported that their software has changed after they've bought it, since changes were delayed in Tesla's system.