Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR order won't be filled if not matched to existing inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model Y SR the day it was removed. Last week I visited the store and drove a couple of cars. The rep then said if I had an order it it would be fulfilled, but that they're not taking any new orders off menu or otherwise. But I was assured mine would be filled.

Today a different advisor told me that my order needed to be matched to existing inventory somewhere or it would not be filled.

Ordered a Model Y SR the day it was removed. Last week I visited the store and drove a couple of cars. The rep then said if I had an order it it would be fulfilled, but that they're not taking any new orders off menu or otherwise. But I was assured mine would be filled.

Today a different advisor told me that my order needed to be matched to existing inventory somewhere or it would not be filled.
I wish the hell Tesla would get their s*it together. My advisor not an hour ago said the same thing, that "Even though I placed my SR order (Feb. 18) before the off menu directive came down, it only means that if there is a SR with my selections available in Tesla's inventory will I get one and it's unlikely any more would be produced. Geez, this is frustrating. It's either hold out for the unofficial guess about SR production or find another $9k for a LR.

• Love
Reactions: timeshifter
I wish the hell Tesla would get their s*it together. My advisor not an hour ago said the same thing, that "Even though I placed my SR order (Feb. 18) before the off menu directive came down, it only means that if there is a SR with my selections available in Tesla's inventory will I get one and it's unlikely any more would be produced. Geez, this is frustrating. It's either hold out for the unofficial guess about SR production or find another $9k for a LR.
You seem to be new to the Tesla world.

Just wait until you need service after purchase.

For what its worth..... I ordered an SR MY 7 seater on Feb 1st. I called my SA after they got taken offline and my SA assured me that they would honor all SR orders. I saw some other people saying their SA's were advising the to get an LR instead or switch features to get matched because they weren't building anymore. I received a VIN on Mar 5th and it came off the line that day. Again, for what its worth, I could have gotten lucky... Hope this gives some of you hope! Delivery scheduled for next Sunday Mar 21st.

For what its worth..... I ordered an SR MY 7 seater on Feb 1st. I called my SA after they got taken offline and my SA assured me that they would honor all SR orders. I saw some other people saying their SA's were advising the to get an LR instead or switch features to get matched because they weren't building anymore. I received a VIN on Mar 5th and it came off the line that day. Again, for what its worth, I could have gotten lucky... Hope this gives some of you hope! Delivery scheduled for next Sunday Mar 21st.

Yes, lots of conflicting reports of various SA statements. This shows they are still making SRs. Hoping for the best! HODL'n strong for a white ext/black ext, MY SR 7seater with 20" induction.

Reactions: asaulo1
my SA assured me that they would honor all SR orders
That's what one SA told me one week. The next week (which was yesterday) I was told by two different SAs you'd have to match inventory.

So I spent the day fretting over that. I had been trending toward switching to a 3 before that, but started thinking I might go ahead with the Y. But then when it looked like I'd never see the config I wanted, I started lusting for the 3 again.

Gotta get a few ducks in a row before taking delivery of any car anyway, so I've got some time.

PS - I wonder if the SAs are saying that now as we're nearing the end of the quarter and they're under a lot of pressure to turn inventory. Like to think of them all as honest "tell it straight" customer service reps. Maybe they've got a bit of sleazy salesperson in their blood.

I ended up taking delivery of my SR in white, and I am still holding the blue/black SR that I originally had in my account while I was looking for a white car. I had another member express interest in taking it over, but have not heard from them since, so it's still there if someone can figure out how to transfer the order and get my $100 back because once it drops from my account, there won't be a way to search for it again. PM me for details. It's a base car, MSRP 39,900 no extras.

I ended up taking delivery of my SR in white, and I am still holding the blue/black SR that I originally had in my account while I was looking for a white car. I had another member express interest in taking it over, but have not heard from them since, so it's still there if someone can figure out how to transfer the order and get my $100 back because once it drops from my account, there won't be a way to search for it again. PM me for details. It's a base car, MSRP 39,900 no extras.
Interested! Is the Blue/Black SR already in Socal or will I need to pay a transport fee?

Interested as well!

Just got an automatic update from Tesla by email. Without talking to me, the order was changed to a different interior and added tow hitch. This adds extra cost to the car I didn't need. Now the delivery estimate is Mar 28 to Mar 31. I wonder if they got a return or something and they just want me to take it in place.

They are starting to assign vins for SR Ys to those who have outstanding orders. If you haven't been contacted you should reach out to your SA.