Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR owners only (NOT SR+) What is your max range at 100% SOC?

SR- range at 100% SOC

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the process to "voluntarily downgrade to an SR?" Did Tesla ask for volunteers, or you contacted them? Did they give you money back, or you just took it in the shorts?

It was only available for people that purchased a SR+ before the announcement of the SR being a software restriction of the SR+ on 4/11/2019: An Update to Our Vehicle Lineup.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and TLLMRRJ
Many s/w limited Teslas - 40 kWh, 70 kWh and now the SR - have shown similar degradation pattern, where over a period of time, the software is unable to accurately determine where the 100% is (which is the 90% of the full battery).

Normally on a battery that is not s/w limited you can charge it to true 100% and that will help calibrate. But in this s/w limited since you never hit true 100%, s/w is unable to calculate and so it stops at a point where it things the 90% is,and that keeps drifting down.

So once a in a while if they let you charge to the true 100%, this apparent degradation problem may not be as acute.

Many s/w limited Teslas - 40 kWh, 70 kWh and now the SR - have shown similar degradation pattern, where over a period of time, the software is unable to accurately determine where the 100% is (which is the 90% of the full battery).

Normally on a battery that is not s/w limited you can charge it to true 100% and that will help calibrate. But in this s/w limited since you never hit true 100%, s/w is unable to calculate and so it stops at a point where it things the 90% is,and that keeps drifting down.

So once a in a while if they let you charge to the true 100%, this apparent degradation problem may not be as acute.

since it's not true degradation, what happens when you upgrade to get the lock out? Would that "fix" the issue?

I see it as a buffer that I use to charge the SR- to 100% safely.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Because then you are not a volunteer. Volunteers don't get paid by definition. You misspoke which is what was confusing.

ahhh wasn't me but I get your point. I think he meant I "freely asked to" vs it was just done to me..

lateulade said: ↑
"I voluntarily downgraded my SR+ to SR after 6 months and 17k miles. I went from 238mi at 100% to 207, and my real world mileage seems to have taken a hit as well."

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
What is the process to "voluntarily downgrade to an SR?" Did Tesla ask for volunteers, or you contacted them? Did they give you money back, or you just took it in the shorts?

I reached out to Tesla in April after the blog post where they mentioned the downgrade would be offered. Took them until June to reply, and they didn’t get around to doing the upgrade until September. I got $2k back and lost 20 miles of range, fog lights, immersive sound, and .3 seconds 0-60

I reached out to Tesla in April after the blog post where they mentioned the downgrade would be offered. Took them until June to reply, and they didn’t get around to doing the upgrade until September. I got $2k back and lost 20 miles of range, fog lights, immersive sound, and .3 seconds 0-60

and gained battery protection :) that a future buyer can unlock

did you immersive sound setting option as well? I ask b/c I still have immersive sound option

and gained battery protection :) that a future buyer can unlock

did you immersive sound setting option as well? I ask b/c I still have immersive sound option

I have the full premium interior, and the sound system is better with the immersive sound turned off. It is a little annoying with it turned on, kinda like it's poking you in the ear.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh