Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been told that if I don't have any car insurance, I will get quoted for higher, and that it's better to switch from car to car.
Have them quote you for what it will be with just one vehicle.

Sometimes the multi-vehicle, multi-driver discount could account for the difference but it shouldn’t be that terrible.

or the agent does not want their commission dropped … State Farm can put your vehicle/policy on hold but YMMV.

Applied for a Telsa loan and uploaded an image for Proof of Residence very early thing morning. The currently status is

Application Conditionally Approved
Your documents are pending review

How long will they take to review the documents?
Was your proof of residence why the approval was conditioned? Sometimes they will want proof of income, cash injection or co signer as well when there is a conditional approval.

So pick up day was today but the car is late by a day. I have watched every youtube video and now I am kinda burnt out. For anyone that has picked up did the car show up on your app before you got to the dealer?

We eneded up having to sign in person and I didn't access to the car until about half way home. Not sure if you get the e-signatures done if you get app access right away.

Thank you

So what happened was when my car was "ready"/"parked in the pick-up area" they sent me an email that it was ready and linked the email to my account. I had to accept delivery first in my Tesla account online, then quit my Tesla app, reopen, and it was set up ☺️

0805211341_HDR.jpg

I'm sure someone needs to hear this today... It's worth it 😆😏😌😉🤭 I recommend that you watch the tutorial videos a few times over so you're not having to fidget with things as you're driving for the first time. Take your time and configure your car and make sure you're comfortable before taking off. Also, learning how to lock/unlock it is probably the biggest pain at first in addition to the fact that your Tesla app might need to reload every 2 minutes 🤦🏾‍♀️😂 regen isn't as bad as people make it out to be (I didn't test drive so the drive home was my first experience)... All in all it's pretty freaking awesome 😎 blinded a few people on the freeway with my gorgeous white seats 🙈

Also, shout-out to Cali folks ☺️ don't lose hope, especially if you're in the bay!

Congrats! You're going to LOVE your Tesla. Friendly reminder that your EDD means absolutely nothing and that you should expect to wait a very very long time for your Tesla to arrive. Enjoy the wait, enjoy the anticipation and read that manual while you wait! If you have a car don't sell it until you have your Tesla in hand or be prepared to be taking public transit. No date from Tesla means anything and they can and will change without notice. Take that seriously and you'll enjoy the wait. Think your EDD means something you'll be miserable. I've had my car now about a week and I cannot stop smiling when i'm driving it. I go into my garage just to stare at it.
Thanks, I’m starting learn that this is not a ”sprint.” I was complete fine with the 8-14 weeks lead time and not expecting the update! Happy to know that you’re enjoying your car.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Nothing worse than taking delivery of your brand new M3 and seeing it have 50 miles on there already haha.

Mr. Baytomax, as your dedicated Tesla delivery driver I promise not to thrash your car. I definitely won't stop by kfc on my lunch break for a 3 piece and a soda and put greasy hands on your steering wheel. Your vehicle will be delivered with a quickness even if I have to speed alongside 18-wheelers and cement trucks. Any rock chips you discover can be conveniently reported on the app. Maybe they'll fix them for you lol. Additionally, I will demonstrate unbelievable willpower and try not to pass gas into your new seats too many times. As a bonus, I'll floor it and perform a few emergency stops to help you bed your brakes. You may tip me in cash or through venmo or cashapp.

Order date May 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
White SR+ Black interior 18" No FSD
Received TESLA Vision prompt and accepted yesterday morning
Found encoded VIN at the same time

EDD bounce around all over the place throughout the process literally daily changes almost guarantee
Saw June, July, August, early Sept, 9-13 weeks , 7-13 weeks
Recommend expect 2ish months and just be pleasently surprised if it comes earlier
Status update
Picked up the car from Vancouver Aug 4
Car looked good no issues
Went with optional insurance (stratford) in BC and saved about $800
Replacement insurance over 8 years was about $2550 CAD

Mr. Baytomax, as your dedicated Tesla delivery driver I promise not to thrash your car. I definitely won't stop by kfc on my lunch break for a 3 piece and a soda and put greasy hands on your steering wheel. Your vehicle will be delivered with a quickness even if I have to speed alongside 18-wheelers and cement trucks. Any rock chips you discover can be conveniently reported on the app. Maybe they'll fix them for you lol. Additionally, I will demonstrate unbelievable willpower and try not to pass gas into your new seats too many times. As a bonus, I'll floor it and perform a few emergency stops to help you bed your brakes. You may tip me in cash or through venmo or cashapp.
The most intense staredown as I'm growing through all of that mess while you're standing 10 ft away from me awkwardly waiting for the Uber to come 👀

• Funny
Reactions: oreobbq and frycar