Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This should make you feel better. Mine pushed back to Estimated Delivery: September 08 - September 28. :D
Mine got moved back to Sept 9 - 29 like 3-4 days ago and hasn't budged. Was constantly in the Aug timeframe before it disappeared completely for 2-3 days. I'm in the Bay Area so am assuming I am getting punished for being close to the Fremont factory, but it sucks given I ordered on 6/03.

Reactions: gabeincal
For those of us bumping up against possible end of September delivery… anyone else thinking it might be worth it to wait a few extra weeks to get a 2022 model?
They just did a refresh I don't think they'll overhaul anything major. Tesla doesn't really follow the whole new year new car type of rollout. They can add new things during the same model year rollout.

If you try to time it, you may end up getting a 2022 but you'll take delivery in 2022 😂

They just did a refresh I don't think they'll overhaul anything major. Tesla doesn't really follow the whole new year new car type of rollout. They can add new things during the same model year rollout.

If you try to time it, you may end up getting a 2022 but you'll take delivery in 2022 😂
I'm not expecting many / any changes - was more thinking of future resale value. But maybe that’s not much to worry about. :)

honestly we have the best/most supportive group here. i am happy to be with you all!! 🥰

even when we are (understandably) bummed, we are all buoyed + supported by each other.

thanks for being around, everyone!
If I hadn't found this group.. I would be going bald, I think. Haha.

I feel like they stay the value they do, because they keep all the cars updated!
For those of us bumping up against possible end of September delivery… anyone else thinking it might be worth it to wait a few extra weeks to get a 2022 model?
If anything, find the older year you would like.. like find an S with heated seats. hah.

Your SA should be able to help. However, my SA is nonexistent so I emailed [email protected] and they were able to do it. Note it took a few days for them to get back to me.
Question for people with a car.
1. I watched a video today about a guy that started his car and then drove it without a key or cell phone. That is a bit worrisome, but I guess I can fix that with a number code.
2. If I walk around my house and my phone connects with the car will it turn off and on?
EDD changed from 08/07-08/17 yesterday to 08/28-09/17 this morning…06/06 order, I’m losing my hope😭
I ordered n 6/2. today I am pushed back to the last week of the quarter, almost 4 months..

Just for comparative reference, the two us have ordered the same configuration, and both to SoCal. Primary difference is that you ordered 41 days before me. The back end of my edd has never wavered from 9/30, while the front end has drifted from 9/11 to 9/19.

Seems like most people are getting their vins around 2 months after they order, so I hope you get yours soon as well. If not, maybe our configurations/delivery locations are slowing us down a bit…
I feel your pain. Where are you located and what specs did you get? When I ordered I jokingly thought I would be part of the end-of-the-quarter push, but thought that an early June ordering date would have prevented that. Apparently not.
M3 SR+ white/white 18 in wheels. Ordered in Carlsbad

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Just got this. Can anyone confirm what this is?
1628275713851.png

And

And Edd changed to Estimated delivery: 8-14 weeks from 8/7-/815 earlier today
Generally when you get the TV prompt you get a VIN! Looks like those dates are going to be more accurate.

I got the TV prompt on 8/3, then on 8/5 they scheduled delivery for 8/7.

I literally just got off the phone with them when they called me, and I asked if I can pick up the car today, and the rep said sure! We'll drop it off today by 6... Now the Delivery appointment is today.. lol

Generally when you get the TV prompt you get a VIN! Looks like those dates are going to be more accurate.

I got the TV prompt on 8/3, then on 8/5 they scheduled delivery for 8/7.

I literally just got off the phone with them when they called me, and I asked if I can pick up the car today, and the rep said sure! We'll drop it off today by 6... Now the Delivery appointment is today.. lol
Thank you for the response. I did clicked confirm delivery. I am hoping this is the case.

Reactions: prplrain
I biggest issue now is the cost difference. I can afford it, but the $10,000 price jump seems excessive for more range and a few upgrades I don't really need. My wife also is not on board with the change. We have two ICE vehicles for trips she says! I want to take the Tesla on trips!:p
I likely wouldn't go from 240 to 263, but I would go from the 240 I now have to 353. I'd go for the LR S model, but can't justify to $38K or so for OVER the price of the LR M3 price for another 50 miles. The S is also showing a February to March delivery.

Reactions: Mattyboy
SITREP: Yesterday my EDD was Sept 10 - 30, My Trade In expired and is currently being reviewed and with all of that my VIN was issued to me yesterday around 4 PDT. So This means EDD, like cats, are not to be trusted and Trade In doesn't push you back down the list. Super stoked and should be picking up by Blue/Black no self driving, aero wheeled, Standard Range plus on week 11. HAPPY DAYS