Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no telling how much longer the LFP option will be around though... I specifically requested that I wanted that battery pack to my SA, but I've only heard of 1 other person being able to request and received the LFP pack. I keep checking the existing inventory page, but they either sell out too fast or have FSD tacked on for an additional $10K...
I think the more likely scenario is that ALL SR+ cars will be LFP, though I don't know how long it'll take them to fully transition. I believe Elon has said the goal was to put LFP batteries in the shorter range cars and save the more energy-dense batteries for the longer range cars.

Reactions: Blackbart
Well, I think I officially graduated from this thread. I used the "Tesla Delivery Checklist" app to do a quick basic inspection of the car, and everything looked great. Very easy process...basically just gave the SA a bank check and he walked me through the basics of the car. For what it's worth, I asked him if people complain a lot about panel gaps--he said he hasn't gotten that complaint for a long time now.

On my way home, I stopped at an auto tinting shop and made an appointment to install 20% ceramic all the way around, except 55% on the windshield...gonna cost $900 for that, but worth it to save the battery from having to cool the cockpit so much in the summer.

Spent the afternoon installing gizmos and going through all the screens and settings. I also washed and waxed by Ford Focus and need to figure out if I'm going to try and sell that privately or just take the price hit and sell it to a dealer.

I've got my first 120 mile round-trip commute tomorrow, and I'm excited to see how much battery that eats up.

Attachments

• PXL_20210922_215848069.jpg
    PXL_20210922_215848069.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 66
Well, I think I officially graduated from this thread. I used the "Tesla Delivery Checklist" app to do a quick basic inspection of the car, and everything looked great. Very easy process...basically just gave the SA a bank check and he walked me through the basics of the car. For what it's worth, I asked him if people complain a lot about panel gaps--he said he hasn't gotten that complaint for a long time now.

On my way home, I stopped at an auto tinting shop and made an appointment to install 20% ceramic all the way around, except 55% on the windshield...gonna cost $900 for that, but worth it to save the battery from having to cool the cockpit so much in the summer.

Spent the afternoon installing gizmos and going through all the screens and settings. I also washed and waxed by Ford Focus and need to figure out if I'm going to try and sell that privately or just take the price hit and sell it to a dealer.

I've got my first 120 mile round-trip commute tomorrow, and I'm excited to see how much battery that eats up.
Congradulations! The car looks amazing!

Reactions: Baluchi
I think the more likely scenario is that ALL SR+ cars will be LFP, though I don't know how long it'll take them to fully transition. I believe Elon has said the goal was to put LFP batteries in the shorter range cars and save the more energy-dense batteries for the longer range cars.
This is what I think. All sr+ will be lfp. The window sticker says 262mi and 90% of the buyers will have no idea.

Can they cancel your order for not being ready or able to accept delivery? I was told by my SA that Tesla can't change the pricing to an existing order. That's why they encourage you to order as soon as possible to lock in pricing.
At some point, yes. Your order is an agreement to buy the car when ready and for them to supply the car at a stated price. I'm sure they will work with you on delivery date to a certain degree, but you can't push your delivery date out 2 years - at that point they would consider you had cancelled the contract. So if they try to deliver your car in Oct and you ask for a Jan 2 delivery, will they accept? No idea. I assume they would completely be in the terms of the contract to say "take it by date XXX or the order is void". But would they? Or would they offer you an incentive to take it now? Totally depends on demand and their ability to produce cars at that time.

Cue the epic Pomp and Circumstance 😁

Reactions: pipp and Baluchi
Ordered M3 SR+. Silver Metallic , Black Seats, Aero Wheels. Order placed July 20th EDD- Oct 7-Oct 27 VIN- Pending. Seems like we are so close in all aspects and also to the delivery. Not sure if we get LFP battery?
Ordered 3 of July, Montreal, now my dates are 22-25 September. Getting pretty close 🤗 (red/black 18” aero).
I don’t believe neither that will shave LFP in Canada for now and since we ordered back in July, gonna be a NCA.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Dam* 🤬 SA called me last week to say that my car is arrived at my location but one part was missing. Now my dates fell between 8-28 October this morning. Aiming straight to the “dealer” today to see what’s happening.
Not super happy but super tease at the same time 🤪
There are so many parts. Do you really need them all?

I placed an order on 9/9 for a SR+ with a EDD of January. After a few days the EDD was for the first two weeks of November then moved to October 14- November 3 which it still is showing those days under my reservation. I was hoping to delay to Jan 1 so that if the EV tax is passed, I'd get that as well.

I can't remember if the order said 263 or 262 mile range, does anyone know when that change was made? Can anyone confirm if 262 miles
is a LFP battery? I'd prefer LFP for the expected less degradation and being able to charge to 100%.

I placed an order on 9/9 for a SR+ with a EDD of January. After a few days the EDD was for the first two weeks of November then moved to October 14- November 3 which it still is showing those days under my reservation. I was hoping to delay to Jan 1 so that if the EV tax is passed, I'd get that as well.

I can't remember if the order said 263 or 262 mile range, does anyone know when that change was made? Can anyone confirm if 262 miles
is a LFP battery? I'd prefer LFP for the expected less degradation and being able to charge to 100%.
262 is LFP, 263 is NCA. I ordered 9/16 and it was 262 with a Feb delivery. My east coast EDD range begins now in October. I too am waiting to see what congress does. I ordered in anticipation of a 2022 delivery.

Did you get VIN yet? Ordered early Aug in Montreal, EDD was Nov-Dec, then March, then nothing 🤔
Able to see it in the source code.
i saw it for 1 or 2 days direct into my account then disappeared 🤨 Those EDD are just jokes. “Estimated” taking all his sense and their estimation got more skills into the branch of “playing with emotions” than the “reliable” branch.
Be patient and zen… they said 😒 🤣