Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a model 3 SR on 12/13, delivery’s was schedule for June. 2 days later it changed to march abs the following day they said Saturday 12/18 😂 Guy drive it to the house by 10am. Best car buying experience I’ve ever had, also the best car I’ve ever owned. Totally impressed all round.

Has anyone on a waiting list later ordered a car from existing inventory? I am waiting for a standard model 3, but there have been some listed in existing inventory. They are in LA and I'm in San Diego. I didn't want to apply a second $250 deposit, and then have two cars. So I waited to the next day to call my local contact. By then the car I was interested in was gone. He did say pickup would need to be in LA, which is fine. I'm just curious if anyone has successfully bought an existing inventory car while on the waiting list?

Has anyone on a waiting list later ordered a car from existing inventory? I am waiting for a standard model 3, but there have been some listed in existing inventory. They are in LA and I'm in San Diego. I didn't want to apply a second $250 deposit, and then have two cars. So I waited to the next day to call my local contact. By then the car I was interested in was gone. He did say pickup would need to be in LA, which is fine. I'm just curious if anyone has successfully bought an existing inventory car while on the waiting list?
I did, but I just ate the extra $250 deposit as the price of having my car so much sooner. I didn't have an SA, and I didn't even mention it at the delivery.

Ordered Model 3 SR+ on Oct 1, 2021. Original est DD: End of January 2022. But now we've declined that date and we're hoping for one end of Feb 2022 so we have time to drive to the dealer (8.5 hours driving) and be able to take time off work to pick it up!

Here's hoping the LFP battery doesn't lose too much range in -38C.

Ordered Model 3 SR+ on Oct 1, 2021. Original est DD: End of January 2022. But now we've declined that date and we're hoping for one end of Feb 2022 so we have time to drive to the dealer (8.5 hours driving) and be able to take time off work to pick it up!

What do you mean you declined? Declined what ? Without a VIN. I am littlle confused sorry. So, you have EDD now for Feb? Thats just on the app .

What do you mean you declined? Declined what ? Without a VIN. I am littlle confused sorry. So, you have EDD now for Feb? Thats just on the app .
Spoke with our SA and said we weren't going to be able to come down end-of-Jan to pick up the car and needed to take a week off for it in March, so she rescheduled our estimated delivery date for end-of-Feb. Don't know how she did it. We didn't have a VIN yet. I think she just moved us out of the soft-matched group.

-38C, that’s cold! Anyone in BC care to share their experience on the mileage reduction in cold BC weather?

Stay classy Tesla! 😂

8B8A2D3D-1D80-4823-806C-D9C8B8BB4EF6.png

Last edited: