Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay you ordered at the end of September, there is a website that is trying to give you up-to-date information.
I also see that you are a new user and your wait is not actually that bad.

Is Tesla's customer service good, no. Complaining that they are updating information too much is an interesting flex.

I started this order in August and got a good lock in price. I did not finish till the end of November. I had a EDD as early as a 2/4 and now am at 4/3.

Unfortunately for this model this is the price we pay for not spending more money.
So what does have to do with me being a new member?

You don't get the drift, I am not complaining about having to wait but the frequent change of EDD.
Keep the original date of delivery so you don't get people's hopes up, and if they deliver earlier YAY that's super.

But what do I know? I am just a new member

Hi just got the vision agreement

Edd narrowed to march 14-20

Unfortunate for me gm issued a recall for my vehicule so I had to kick it out of the buying process because the edd moves to june4-july2 when it happened oh well

Just hope it gets here

Order date was oct24

Blue over white 18inch wheel

I think and it showed march in the estimate so it would make this accurate. Cheers !

Unfortunate for me gm issued a recall for my vehicule so I had to kick it out of the buying process because the edd moves to june4-july2 when it happened oh well

Just hope it gets here

Order date was oct24

I think and it showed march in the estimate so it would make this accurate. Cheers !
What is the vision agreement?

What is the vision agreement?
it's a confirmation for tesla vision, which is a safety system they are transitioning to from radar. the acceptance of the agreement is basically the final step before they give you your VIN. it will look something like this...

teslavision.jpg

So what does have to do with me being a new member?

You don't get the drift, I am not complaining about having to wait but the frequent change of EDD.
Keep the original date of delivery so you don't get people's hopes up, and if they deliver earlier YAY that's super.

But what do I know? I am just a new member
You ordered your car in September, and joined here 3 days ago complaining about date changes on a thread with 1077 pages of the same thing.
Do we all want our car now, yes.
Do we look for changes and updates way to often, yes.

I have gone weeks to months at a time with no change in a EDD, but when it does there is a reason.

While you may prefer your date not to change, some people will be angry to have a OG EDD of August be told to pick up there car next week all of a sudden.
This is where the constant updates help.

I was hoping to take delivery 1 month ago and will need to sell my existing car.
1 month ago it got pushed back 2 months, this gave me knowledge to not focus to hard on getting quotes and also to be mindful about putting miles on that car.

Reactions: rudythecar
You ordered your car in September, and joined here 3 days ago complaining about date changes on a thread with 1077 pages of the same thing.
Do we all want our car now, yes.
Do we look for changes and updates way to often, yes.

I have gone weeks to months at a time with no change in a EDD, but when it does there is a reason.

While you may prefer your date not to change, some people will be angry to have a OG EDD of August be told to pick up there car next week all of a sudden.
This is where the constant updates help.

I was hoping to take delivery 1 month ago and will need to sell my existing car.
1 month ago it got pushed back 2 months, this gave me knowledge to not focus to hard on getting quotes and also to be mindful about putting miles on that car.
I am so sorry I offended you and made your life so hard.

A normal company from the civilized world (Not the USA) would inform you in due time and even Tesla tells you that you have two - three weeks after your VIN has been issued to get your ducks in a row.

And I am not complaining about the date range, but about the constant update of the delivery date. It's useless information. They have not even assigned a VIN to the vehicle.

And I am sorry I just joined 3 days ago. I should have known better

I hope you would accept my apology so we can move on??

• Disagree
Reactions: rudythecar
I am so sorry I offended you and made your life so hard.

A normal company from the civilized world (Not the USA) would inform you in due time and even Tesla tells you that you have two - three weeks after your VIN has been issued to get your ducks in a row.

And I am not complaining about the date range, but about the constant update of the delivery date. It's useless information. They have not even assigned a VIN to the vehicle.

And I am sorry I just joined 3 days ago. I should have known better

I hope you would accept my apology so we can move on??
A VIN was not assigned because your vehicle is not built yet.
What is great about this forum is people can come and learn from others.
Please take the time to read what previous owners have gone through and drop the entitled attitude.

Guess what your EDD will change, then a VIN will be assigned and then your car will be delivered.

Or you can by a used 1 Model 3 now for more then an new one if you can not handle the date change.
Or upgrade to a P3 and your will have your car that much faster.

OD: 12/23/2021
White/Black
Aero
No FSD
EDD: October 2022
Honolulu, HI

Update: Edit Design to White/White on 2/23/2022 to move up EDD to June 2022. However, EDD still showing October 2022 as of today.
Update: For anyone interested, EDD changed to July 2022 this morning. I've read on other threads and Reddit that it took most people 1-3 days for the new EDD to show on their account. Mine took 7 days.

Update: For anyone interested, EDD changed to July 2022 this morning. I've read on other threads and Reddit that it took most people 1-3 days for the new EDD to show on their account. Mine took 7 days.
I am not surprised by this. On Tesla website, today's order with your config would have EDD of August 2022. I guess new shipment of LFP batteries must have arrived from China. Who knows...

Reactions: TooTall
A VIN was not assigned because your vehicle is not built yet.
What is great about this forum is people can come and learn from others.
Please take the time to read what previous owners have gone through and drop the entitled attitude.

Guess what your EDD will change, then a VIN will be assigned and then your car will be delivered.

Or you can by a used 1 Model 3 now for more then an new one if you can not handle the date change.
Or upgrade to a P3 and your will have your car that much faster.
Thank you for that. :)
I have had 6 date changes since I ordered it with no VIN assigned. Last was during the night from 02-16 March till 08-31 March.
I don't mind waiting, but these constant date changes are frustrating.
Keep the original date (which was in April), and inform me when I have a VIN.

I see there are so many that has the same challenge as I do so I know I am not alone :)

Peace out

Just hope it gets here

Order date was oct24

So after accepting the vision agreement I got another e-mail to invite me to a teams meeting for a period of question and answers but was timing wouldn’t work for me (every wednesday at 1)

This afternoon I got a phone call from the montreal Tesla office.
Got my vin over the phone, said car was built on the first week of march

Told me he would send me an e-mail (he did)
my vin and info for payment.

Still march14-20 for now but should get delivery date soon