Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stain on my ultra white seat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to get these for your white seats.

custom_sheep_white_front.jpg

Does anyone know if you could buy a replacement seat cover from Tesla to resolve the issue if the stain can't be removed? I'd be curious what the cost of replacement would be. I created a thread about damage to my black seat, that I think may have been caused by isopropyl alcohol when I was cleaning the center console to apply the vinyl covers. So I was shocked when I was reading that everyone is suggesting to use it to clean the seats.

You dont wash your clothes after you buy them? Always wash them. They are coated with chemicals so bugs, rats, and whatnot don't eat it in transit from China. They can probably cause cancer. Maybe Google this one and do some research. I just wash all new items to be safe.
Not to mention what might be left behind by the last person to try it on in the store... While washing new clothing before wearing makes sense, it won't fix the issue that some clothes (especially jeans) continue to leach dye even after multiple washes.

Magic eraser can work when nothing else will. The caution is not to use it often or apply too much pressure - some have raised concern/speculation that it could remove whatever "stain resistant coating" is on the seats. That said, you need to weigh that risk against the fact that there is an actual stain!
Magic Eraser is basically a super-fine pumice stone from what I've read. I don't believe that you want to be pretty much scratching the stain off the seat material.

Hey guys! So I had some jean stains on the driver seat and was able to wipe if off. But there is a big blue stain on the passenger seat that won't come off! I have tried baby wipes and dish soap. I have only had my model 3 for 5 days! What should I do? Attached is the picture of the seat.

An upholstery clean/repair shop might be able to steam that out.

Magic eraser as a last resort will probably work but you are actually taking off the coating when you use that so it really should be last resort.

You also might need to murder your passenger that wore super dark jeans without ever washing them first... just a thought.

Hey guys! So I had some jean stains on the driver seat and was able to wipe if off. But there is a big blue stain on the passenger seat that won't come off! I have tried baby wipes and dish soap. I have only had my model 3 for 5 days! What should I do? Attached is the picture of the seat.

I was wondering if you have been able to remove the stain by now? Some Model S users stated in their videos that the white seats can be cleaned very easily. I really want them, too, since they look much nicer that the black ones (at least for me). But if you can't get rid of some jeans stain it seems to be a no deal :/

This is the main reason that I didn't end up getting the white interior, I wear jeans almost daily.

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy used 3 different products to clean his white seats. Search for it on YouTube and you should be able to get it out, hopefully. Good luck.

After you get it out at home you may want to bring it to a reputable detail shop and have them put a ceramic coating on it. you can do just the seats or the whole interior, but that will seal the seats so that type of thing can't happen. a ceramic coating on the interior should only be a couple hundred dollars. Just doing the seats should be far less.

Does anyone know if you could buy a replacement seat cover from Tesla to resolve the issue if the stain can't be removed? I'd be curious what the cost of replacement would be. I created a thread about damage to my black seat, that I think may have been caused by isopropyl alcohol when I was cleaning the center console to apply the vinyl covers. So I was shocked when I was reading that everyone is suggesting to use it to clean the seats.

The owners manual originally suggested alcohol, but they have now removed that recommendation.

• Informative
Reactions: chickensworth
How long would that last and would it add a shine to the seats?

I ceramic coated my white interior, it seems to have helped, there was some blue jean transfer, though so little i hadnt noticed.

almost 3 weeks after coating it, i see zero blue jean transfer.

There are you tube videos showing a degreaser spray and a brush getting sime ugly stains out.

make sure however to replace the oils in the leather with a leather conditioner, like “Mother’s” afterwards —same if you use alchohol based cleaner. Dry leather eventually cracks, and wears prematurely.

IA reputable detailer can do all this for you and then ceramic coat it.

Best bet I know of.

No oils to replace- it is not leather.

While its true that it is not leather, I am not sure that some solvents will cause the plasticizers to evaporate, eventually leading to cracking, as the elastic nature of the material dries out.
While it probably does not make sense to use the same products that are used on leather, I do think that some conditioner might need to be used periodically.
I don't really understand the best way to care for the vegan leather, but its on my list to learn.

While its true that it is not leather, I am not sure that some solvents will cause the plasticizers to evaporate, eventually leading to cracking, as the elastic nature of the material dries out.
While it probably does not make sense to use the same products that are used on leather, I do think that some conditioner might need to be used periodically.
I don't really understand the best way to care for the vegan leather, but its on my list to learn.
maybe vegan butter?