Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stains on roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420362063.458806.jpg

Hi,

I parked (well, the valet did) at HK Parkview on New Year's Day and some liquid splashed onto my car leaving stains all over. I washed my car with shampoo about three hours later and most of it on the paint and windows came off. But there were still some circular stains/marks left on the roof after repeated shampooing.
I took the car to NTI this afternoon but that didn't help. I wonder if anyone on this forum has further ideas? The stains are difficult to photograph but I tried my best in the attached photo.

Many thanks in advance!

I think people go for glass (SiO2 based) coating exactly for this reason. Bird poo or liquid (dripping plumbing or paint or whatever) splash is best removed as soon as it hit your car, both alkaline or acid will leave stain. Abrasive cleaning then polish will remove it.

Thanks for the input, guys (and gals, if there were any)!

As I mentioned here, I decided to get the Pomponazzi coating to prevent it from happening again. As for the existing stains, if I can't get them off by then, I'll ask Pomponazzi to remove them.

Thanks again.