Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard autopilot question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it figured out. I remember a prior post said something about getting 100 miles first.
Went through the menus and yes, I have to get 100 miles first on autosteer.
Bust this weekend and probably take me another week or so to get 100 miles.
A lot of the other features are identified as Beta, so it can be confusing. Here's how you get FSD Beta:
  1. On the Controls > Autopilot screen, click the Request FSD Beta link. Sounds like you already did that.
  2. Wait for the FSD Beta software build to be pushed to your car, which can take days. I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet -- which build is currently installed in your car?
  3. Once you get and install the FSD Beta build, enable FSD Beta on the Controls > Autopilot screen.
Once you've done all of those things, you should be good to go.
Thank you very much. Last night it said there was an update but I think that was a regular update. My car was on 2022.44.30, or is there a separate FSD update number I should be looking for?
This is all I see when I tap the request FSD Beta

Attachments

• 5E9D40AC-3542-4814-A469-47767A608939.jpeg
    5E9D40AC-3542-4814-A469-47767A608939.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
I got it figured out. I remember a prior post said something about getting 100 miles first.
Went through the menus and yes, I have to get 100 miles first on autosteer.
Bust this weekend and probably take me another week or so to get 100 miles.

Thank you very much. Last night it said there was an update but I think that was a regular update. My car was on 2022.44.30, or is there a separate FSD update number I should be looking for?
This is all I see when I tap the request FSD Beta
The latest FSD Beta update for me is 2022.44.30.10. If the pending update is one of the 2023.x builds, it's not FSD Beta, so don't install it because you won't be able to install an older FSD Beta build later. Which update build did you get? It says in the app and on the Controls > Software touchscreen.

The 100 miles on Autosteer and other Safety Score requirements are obsolete, so you'll get the update even before you meet them.

The latest FSD Beta update for me is 2022.44.30.10. If the pending update is one of the 2023.x builds, it's not FSD Beta, so don't install it because you won't be able to install an older FSD Beta build later. Which update build did you get? It says in the app and on the Controls > Software touchscreen.

The 100 miles on Autosteer and other Safety Score requirements are obsolete, so you'll get the update even before you meet them.
I did download and it is 2022.44.30.10.
I was able to use FSD Beta and I have to admit, it was pretty awesome but it was stressful and the car did many things I didn’t like
It didn’t slow down for speed bumps, even some that had chevron marks on them.
One time making a left, I had to intervene as it almost hit the center divider curb.
it takes off slowly and people behind get upset. And coming to a light or traffic it does it way too fast. I tried the different modes and let it on chill.
On a 4 lane big Main Street I was going about 50 with several cars behind me a car on the other side was turning left. They creeped out just a tiny bit and the Tesla slammed the brakes and o had to hurry and hit the accelerator to keep the car behind my from hitting me

All in all it was pretty amazing, BUT now it’s all screwed up. After a couple drives, it the left camera doesn’t work (even after reset) and autopilot or FSD won’t work anymore. Stopped at Tesla and they said to make an appointment and bring it in.
Also when unlocking the car it only unlocks the driver door and I have to hold the driver unlock button to unlock the other doors.
So it’s not unlocking the passenger door when unlocking so I had to go in the driver door and hit unlock on the screen. Tesla said not supposed to be that way and have that looked at too.
Also my phone would disconnect and wouldn’t reconnect.
It seemed everything was fine until the new update.