Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Model Y Delivery Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered yesterday morning! It was such a perfect timing for me to have the SR Y available.. was just about to put an order for the iX1.

Attachments

• Tesla Model Y order confirmed!!.jpg
    Tesla Model Y order confirmed!!.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 87
Congrats ! I’m about to take delivery of LRY (LR 20” white) but don’t have the 3 sold yet and may switch and order the SRY tonight. What colour / wheels did u go for ?
Thank you :)

I went for white, 19", thought I'd give it a shot to see if we get lucky to get Berlin made 😅 (as far as I know they currently only make Y's in 2 colours, white and black) I'll be replacing a m3 as well waiting for the quote on part exchange..

You're part exchanging or selling with another company?

I've just ordered the SRY today in white (bog standard spec), I've been waiting for the SR version to come out. I took the demo LRY for a test drive first to make sure it was as I expected (first time I've driven the MY), nicer high driving position and better visibility than my M3 and easier to get in/out of so that sold me on it. I only took delivery of my M3 RWD in March so hoping I won't have to put too much extra cash in to change. I love the M3 but I retired recently and a couple of my family/friends struggle a bit to get in/out with the seats being so low. After the test drive today I am really looking forward to the change, hopefully before the end of the year.

Reactions: DeejUK
I've just ordered the SRY today in white (bog standard spec), I've been waiting for the SR version to come out. I took the demo LRY for a test drive first to make sure it was as I expected (first time I've driven the MY), nicer high driving position and better visibility than my M3 and easier to get in/out of so that sold me on it. I only took delivery of my M3 RWD in March so hoping I won't have to put too much extra cash in to change. I love the M3 but I retired recently and a couple of my family/friends struggle a bit to get in/out with the seats being so low. After the test drive today I am really looking forward to the change, hopefully before the end of the year.
I'm exactly in the same situation as you. Also got my m3 rwd in March, also loving it but wanted something to get in/out easier for my family. I wanted to go for a test drive but strangely I wanted the surprise when I actually get the car!

How you finding the suspension, as every reviewer is complaining about?

I'm exactly in the same situation as you. Also got my m3 rwd in March, also loving it but wanted something to get in/out easier for my family. I wanted to go for a test drive but strangely I wanted the surprise when I actually get the car!

How you finding the suspension, as every reviewer is complaining about?
I think the suspension is the weakest point in the car, I think the same is true for my M3 though as it does not like potholes and poor roads either. I have always put this down to the extra weight with the battery but a couple of other BEVs seem to be able to overcome this and still provide a good ride. I console myself that it is a trade off between all aspects including charging, software, comfort features, etc. and that Tesla have the best all round package as far as my needs and likes are concerned.

Reactions: Ricecooker
I only see View Design. No option to Edit. 😟
View attachment 846124
Once you finish entering your details and have completed the registration process you get the above screen with the "Next Steps" & "Completed Tasks" forms and at this point the Edit Design option that you could previously click on (on the right beside the Estimated Delivery: ) is no longer available. You might need to use Chat to get a TA to amend the order after this point - just a guess though!

Reactions: nrushforth
considering some of the comments about the Y suspension including from prevous 3 owners, I’d be wary of buying totally blind. There is the obvious dice roll of ‘will we get updated suspension from Berlin etc’ but a test drive in the current UK spec would seem sensible?

Reactions: nrushforth