Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Star Trek: Picard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the pilot was awesome! Very well done IMHO ...

I'm not a fan of Discovery -- although I happily watch it -- it seems a bit over the top and Star Trek, to me, is best when it focuses on the characters.

My favorite series so far has to be DS9 but my favorite characters are in TNG.

Reactions: cucubits

I'm not a fan of Discovery -- although I happily watch it -- it seems a bit over the top and Star Trek, to me, is best when it focuses on the characters.

I like and watched/will watch all Star Trek series and episodes, even if they blow chunks.... Patrick Steward (in Picard) looked and sounded very "tired," IMHO. Could be because he is 79 years old.

I liked the first episode. I did find it ridiculous the name he gave his dog, and the robotics expert seemed like she was in college 5 minutes before... Seriously, in the star trek future where people routinely live to 130, the foremost expert at a world-famous (galaxy famous!) institute is in her twenties...ffs. I'm a bit sick of that pathetic ageism...
But plot seemed ok, acting seemed ok... definitely one of the better shows on TV judging from this first ep.

For those who aren't subscribers to CBS AA (or Amazon Prime for most of rest of world outside US and Canada), You have a week to watch the Star Trek: Picard premiere for free claims you can watch the first ep for free until Feb 5th.
Patrick Steward (in Picard) looked and sounded very "tired," IMHO. Could be because he is 79 years old.
Yeah... it struck me as to how old he is in the show and in some other appearances. Then I checked on his birthdate via my Google Home Hub... and confirmed via Patrick Stewart - IMDb. He was born in 1940.

So, from Star Trek: The Next Generation, TNG ran from late 1987 until 1994. So, he was 46 or 47 when TNG began and not quite 54 when the show ended but now he's 79!

To me, on the TNG, he wasn't a young man at all but to think that he's 79 now...

The folks who don't like Discovery or don't like having to pay for service to see it call it STD. :)

DS9 to be wasn't interesting. I probably watched about 1/2 the DS9 eps. It did get good at the end w/the Dominion war. There was a guy at my work who was watching DS9 from the beginning and would keep telling me "it's not that bad". That sounds like a real ringing endorsement. :) I told him to stop and watch Disco instead.

I still liked TOS and TNG best. I also enjoyed Enterprise. To me, Disco is at least as good as Enterprise and better than DS9 and Voyager.

Having watched the 2nd episode I'm sad to say I feel a bit disappointed. I really don't like how most of the new series just split one story into multiple episodes just to make up one season. Literally nothing happened in episode 2. It seems so forced how they decided to feed us only the tiniest bits of information...

I miss TNG style episodes which mostly had minimal connection one to another and they could be watched and re-watched indefinitely. Heck, I still watch TNG almost weekly.

Last edited:
Reactions: HVM
My only hope is that we're in an alternate timeline, and that Enterprise will soon swoop down to capture JJ Abrams in a follow-up of Assignment: Earth. They'll brainwash him, make time go back, and beam him down into his chair just before he got involved with Star Trek (*and* Star Wars). Well, they will or Gary Seven and Isis will (mjaow!)

And then we'll all be watching true Star Trek instead of mutant teenage ninja Romulans.