TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Stealth Hitch for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by rmacey, Oct 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you tow anything with your Tesla

1. Yes

28.9%
  2. No

71.1%
  1. rmacey

rmacey Member

After trading my S for a 3, I had a Stealth Hitch installed. I highly recommend it. It's well made, easy to attach and detach. I met the owner and we had a long conversation. It was a pleasure to talk to someone who takes so much pride and pleasure in their business. I basically though a hitch was a hitch. This hitch is virtually invisible when you take off the receiver. It's a tight fit. If you are looking for a hitch, check them out.

• Like x 2
  2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

• Like x 1
  3. skivvie

skivvie Member

Would love a full photo review so I can compare this to the Torklift hitch. The receiver install and removal looks way easier on this one.

4. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

5. DutchTM3

DutchTM3 Member

Hi there. Did you receive any 'formal' document from them stating the capacity of the hitch? Thanks.

6. DutchTM3

DutchTM3 Member

Did order the hitch in the US and had it shipped to the Netherlands. Received it today, but don't have the car yet. You say the hitch without receiver is virtually invisible. Do you mean it sticks out a bit?

Either way, do you know how much distance there is between the bottom of the latch block and the bottom plate of the car? In other words: how far does it stick out? Or how far before it would have sticked out?

7. rmacey

rmacey Member

Sorry for the delay. I should have written the receiver can't be seen when the hitch is removed. The receiver is in the bumper.

8. DutchTM3

DutchTM3 Member

Thanks! I guess you are talking about the machined RVS latch block which the receiver (or tow ball mount) slides in to and not the actual 2 (or 1.25) inch receiver? But that's good news anyway.

Any idea how much space between the bottom of the latch block and the bottom plate of the car? Do you have chain anchors attached next to the latch block? Do they stick out?

9. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

Good to know that there are options. I don't really want to have to purchase a car without a towbar or that can't have one installed. Too many trailers to move around.

10. jrmnet

jrmnet Member

Would you mind uploading a pic of it looking from the ground up to where the hitch protrudes from the car?

11. stedlj

stedlj New Member

Heads up I got one of these for my Model 3 that I picked up in April of 2019 and I could not get it to fit. I think they changed the rear fascia and this will not fit any more. Torklift wanted me to take the car a part "again" to send them measurements and photos to show them why it does not fit. It is not my job to troubleshoot for them. The dealer tried to help a little but all emails to Torklift Central went unanswered. Very unhappy, selling it locally to someone with an older model.

• Informative x 3
  12. dennisvab

dennisvab Member

The thread was started talking about the Stealth Hitch. Someone asked if this was the same hitch as the Torklift stealth, they are not. Just to avoid confusion for anyone else reading this.

• Disagree x 1
  13. DutchTM3

DutchTM3 Member

Sorry for dumb question (non native speaker) but this refers to just the outer (plastc) body parts and not any structural parts of the car?

I mean it would not mean that older cars would not be able to deal with the stress?

14. dennisvab

dennisvab Member

@P85_DA what exactly are you disagreeing with?

15. Talax74

Talax74 Member

Does it void warranty?

• Helpful x 1