Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Model 3 still wanted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are only sought after as they are cheaper (by not having the things some don't want like wheels and brakes, but the one thing they do like the speed). So if you are trying to decide to upgrade and see if you can get top dollar the answer is...perhaps...if you sell it at the right price. Heck, take it to CarMax and Carvana and see what they will give you for it. Remember to deduct the Y price minus your trade-in for tax purposes if Virginia allows that.

Now that the PUP is the same price as it is without, you hopefully should be able to undercut the new car price even better than before.

They are only sought after as they are cheaper (by not having the things some don't want like wheels and brakes, but the one thing they do like the speed). So if you are trying to decide to upgrade and see if you can get top dollar the answer is...perhaps...if you sell it at the right price. Heck, take it to CarMax and Carvana and see what they will give you for it. Remember to deduct the Y price minus your trade-in for tax purposes if Virginia allows that.

Now that the PUP is the same price as it is without, you hopefully should be able to undercut the new car price even better than before.

Thanks for the insight bud. I'm currently in Michigan. TMC won't yet let me edit my location or upload my pic!
Carvana only offered me 42k which I think is too low. I haven't checked Carmax yet.

people only bought the stealth because it was cheaper and to save money. Since it's the same price as a P3D+ now, I'm sure the stealth is no longer being snatched up.

Not necessarily, some people don't want a lowered car or low profile tires. I'd want a stealth but I won't pay the same price as the Performance that they want now. That's why I'm just going to keep my Acceleration Boosted dual motor for now.

Reactions: Skymogul
Not necessarily, some people don't want a lowered car or low profile tires. I'd want a stealth but I won't pay the same price as the Performance that they want now. That's why I'm just going to keep my Acceleration Boosted dual motor for now.

+1 I would have never purchased a Performance model had the Stealth option not been suggested by my OA (I had no idea it existed). Our target was a LR AWD but once I learned of the (-) there was no way anything else would do. Price was not an issue (this car was 1/3 less than our prior Tesla)—we simply didn’t want the 20s (they do look great however) or the heavy brakes that we’d never use to full effect but oh that acceleration—it gets used daily! Ain’t options grand?

Reactions: adrianp89
+1 I would have never purchased a Performance model had the Stealth option not been suggested by my OA (I had no idea it existed). Our target was a LR AWD but once I learned of the (-) there was no way anything else would do. Price was not an issue (this car was 1/3 less than our prior Tesla)—we simply didn’t want the 20s (they do look great however) or the heavy brakes that we’d never use to full effect but oh that acceleration—it gets used daily! Ain’t options grand?
Yeah I love the customization! Hence me having the Stealth!

Reactions: Tomc62

I agree with you completely. I would have paid the same price for a stealth (would even have paid more for one) but Tesla started selling them without the Performance pack one quarter too late for me. No stealths came here in Q4 so when I could get a LR AWD in February I jumped on that instead, would have had to wait until June/July to get a stealth.

With the acceleration boost of the LR AWD I have less interest in the Performance especially when racing a P vs. non-P; 70-120mph.
The only thing I would like are the brakes. 20s, track mode and carbon spoiler not a deal breaker. (I installed AM aluminum pedals)

With the acceleration boost of the LR AWD I have less interest in the Performance especially when racing a P vs. non-P; 70-120mph.
The only thing I would like are the brakes. 20s, track mode and carbon spoiler not a deal breaker. (I installed AM aluminum pedals)

If you're not tracking the car, why would you care about the brakes?

I have a new M3 Performance w/o PUP on order:
- Don't like the look of the spoiler
- Don't want the stiffer suspension
- Don't care about track mode
- My current M3 has great cornering so I know stock cornering is fine for me
- Don't want the hassle of changing tires from 20 to 18" then trying to find a buyer for the 20"
- DO want all the accelerative goodness I can get. Every last fraction of a second.

Hence, new stealth M3 Performance on order. \o/

- Don't want the hassle of changing tires from 20 to 18" then trying to find a buyer for the 20"
- DO want all the accelerative goodness I can get. Every last fraction of a second.

wondering what would you do to your existing model 3

You car on order WILL have track mode...