Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam integration for Model S built after Feb 2022 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to figure out how to solve this issue without putting the middle-man (service centers) into a bind. This is not their fault and should not negatively affect those employees. If anything, this should affect Tesla as a company, the upper management, and the CEO.

We need to put together a nice written message and submit it to the news papers. They love poking the bear when something negative is going on, and this bear deserves to be poked.

We need to figure out how to solve this issue
We need to put together a nice written message
.... or
you could file a small claims suit. No lawyers involved, just you putting your case together like you've done already on TMC. In Florida the small claims suits are $8,000 or less. That would more than cover the upgrade. Plus it would establish a precedent for everyone else in a similar boat.
.... or
you're pretty passionate about this ... write and submit the letter yourself to the news media. It would probably take less time than finding enough people willing to help you find some other solution or getting together to write a letter. Its easy to find a quorom but finding people to participate is difficult. Put your own words to work.
.... or
wait for some people to agree to help write and submit a letter to the news media
... or
I don't know .... just keep at it. Something could happen. You're asking for help, this is the best I can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex
.... or
you could file a small claims suit. No lawyers involved, just you putting your case together like you've done already on TMC. In Florida the small claims suits are $8,000 or less. That would more than cover the upgrade. Plus it would establish a precedent for everyone else in a similar boat.
.... or
you're pretty passionate about this ... write and submit the letter yourself to the news media. It would probably take less time than finding enough people willing to help you find some other solution or getting together to write a letter. Its easy to find a quorom but finding people to participate is difficult. Put your own words to work.
.... or
wait for some people to agree to help write and submit a letter to the news media
... or
I don't know .... just keep at it. Something could happen. You're asking for help, this is the best I can do.

If small claims does not work, and before contacting the written media, reach out to an influencer. Won't be hard to find a sympathetic one who is already a little salty about not getting the Roadster they were promised.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
We need to figure out how to solve this issue without putting the middle-man (service centers) into a bind. This is not their fault and should not negatively affect those employees. If anything, this should affect Tesla as a company, the upper management, and the CEO.

We need to put together a nice written message and submit it to the news papers. They love poking the bear when something negative is going on, and this bear deserves to be poked.
It’s all the Charlatan, not the employees.

I am 100% remember they advertised the tilting screen when I purchased mine in February of 21. It was on the website when I placed my order. In addition to the numerous mentions of cyberpunk and Witcher at every presser.
When I picked up my car, Tesla rep told me that the tilt screen will be available via software update later. All the hardware is already there. I later learned they just made it up. :(

I posted this on the thread calling for a class action lawsuit over this.
It’s a bit snippy.
This thread seems more constructive.
Reposting here…

My 2 cents on unkept promises…

I believe Tesla should upgrade the MCUs at no charge to make them capable of the promoted features (gaming) that they claimed the car would have with future updates.

The tilting screen falls into this category as well. However, with the reports of rattles… I feel lucky not to have one.
And frankly it seems unnecessary. Great visibility from any angle. I would rather see bigger fonts with more contrast in the UI.

The New Headlights are not in this category.

Moving the horn to the center of the yoke isn’t either, however I believe it is a safety issue that Tesla should also resolve at no cost.

That said…as a result of price increases I paid $23,547 less than I would pay today when I took delivery of my Red Model S Plaid with 19” wheels & FSD in September 2021.

So if I have to begrudgingly fork over another 2k to get it up my MCU upgraded, I will. Not entirely to gain Access to Steam Games.
I suspect future un-promised features will appear down the road that won’t work without the 16gb.

I posted this on the thread calling for a class action lawsuit over this.
It’s a bit snippy.
This thread seems more constructive.
Reposting here…

My 2 cents on unkept promises…

I believe Tesla should upgrade the MCUs at no charge to make them capable of the promoted features (gaming) that they claimed the car would have with future updates.

The tilting screen falls into this category as well. However, with the reports of rattles… I feel lucky not to have one.
And frankly it seems unnecessary. Great visibility from any angle. I would rather see bigger fonts with more contrast in the UI.

The New Headlights are not in this category.

Moving the horn to the center of the yoke isn’t either, however I believe it is a safety issue that Tesla should also resolve at no cost.

That said…as a result of price increases I paid $23,547 less than I would pay today when I took delivery of my Red Model S Plaid with 19” wheels & FSD in September 2021.

So if I have to begrudgingly fork over another 2k to get it up my MCU upgraded, I will. Not entirely to gain Access to Steam Games.
I suspect future un-promised features will appear down the road that won’t work without the 16gb.

Attach your thoughts to this tweet

Last edited:
Weird question but how do you know if you have a car built after mid Feb? I don't see a screen showing ram or storage specs.
Call Tesla
Ask if they can provide you with the date your car was born. That is how I found out for all 3 of our Teslas. I believe they actually have a time stamp (apparently it’s when the computer first woke up in the car)
When I called to get it for our Model Y the person I spoke to said it was born 12 hours ago.
Our cars…
Model S Plaid was born on 9/9/2021
Model Y was born on 12/5/22
Model S 100D was born on 3/12/18

Reactions: ArchHamster
Call Tesla
Ask if they can provide you with the date your car was born. That is how I found out for all 3 of our Teslas. I believe they actually have a time stamp (apparently it’s when the computer first woke up in the car)
When I called to get it for our Model Y the person I spoke to said it was born 12 hours ago.
Our cars…

Any mobile tech with Toolbox can tell you the birthdate, down to the second.

Reactions: Daniellane
Call Tesla
Our cars…

Build date is also on the driver’s door pillar sticker.

True, but it is only month year. Might not be accurate enough to parse whether you have certain things like 16gb RAM.
Exactly why I called Tesla prior to delivery of my March 2018 Model S 100D.
They were switching from MCU 1 to MCU 2.
Cars built days earlier had the older MCU 1. I was really lucky.
I have gotten all the birthdates prior to delivery.

Reactions: aerodyne