Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

STEK Dynoflex Winshield PPF - worth the cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a great product for sure, but only you can answer that question, really. Think of it as an insurance policy against your windshield getting beat up, and that insurance policy will need to be replaced every couple of years or so. It's there to be the sacrificial layer. You won't get perfect, see-through optics with it like you do a regular windshield, but if installed correctly, you'll really have to look hard to find any kind of distortions. If you spend a bit of time on the freeway, or if you ever think of doing a track-day, then it makes the decision much easier to justify.

My installer said I would probably notice it distorting the light, so I decided against having it installed on the windshield. With that said, I have multiple rock chips in my windshield at ~10k miles.

Last edited:
I have the STEK Dynoflex on Tesla Model S and I’m getting the distortion some of the others mentioned. The installer did a great job and warned me of haze/distortion. I thought I’d adjust to it. I may take it off after a year and then replace windshield as needed.

• Informative
Reactions: polyphonic54
I have the STEK Dynoflex on Tesla Model S and I’m getting the distortion some of the others mentioned. The installer did a great job and warned me of haze/distortion. I thought I’d adjust to it. I may take it off after a year and then replace windshield as needed.
Thank you for the feedback, I am consider to do it on my car,

In terms of distortion, what kinds of distortion you got after the installation? Did you mean the distortion from light driving at night or the similar windshield distortion that we usually see on the model s front windshield from factory but it just got amplified after the installation?

I had been following this thread for a while trying to figure out what to do. Ultimately I decided to install the STEK Dynoflex Winshield PPF and have to say I am experiencing the same distortion. For me it's a linear left to right distortion in the middle of the glass, very distracting. I'm taking my car back to the shop next Tuesday to see what they can do. I will update the group as to the solution.

I had STEK installed on front windshield in Model S LR and had it removed by installer after 1 month. The distortion of light at night was too much. Also depending on angle of sun, during the day, distortion was affecting visibility. I have 70% tint on front windshield inside (not sure which brand) and that may have made things worse.

• Informative
Reactions: All In
I've used this product on 7 cars past and present. It seems to work well. I used to get at least 1 windshield chip or crack per year. My past BMW's were very prone to it. Seems like the company hasn't found a good distribution/sales venue to sell their product and make it readily available to the public. I got mine direct from the company a few years ago- not sure if you can do that nowadays.
Corporate website: https://cbondsystems.com/

I've used this product on 7 cars past and present. It seems to work well. I used to get at least 1 windshield chip or crack per year. My past BMW's were very prone to it. Seems like the company hasn't found a good distribution/sales venue to sell their product and make it readily available to the public. I got mine direct from the company a few years ago- not sure if you can do that nowadays.
Corporate website: Cbond
Looks like its already mentioned in the past....

Had it for about 2 months and removed it. Distortion in several areas from the beginning and light scratches appearing after about a month.

I am in the FSD beta and for some unknown odd reason my wipers will start a cleaning process saying "clearing windshield blah blah blah blah" when my windshield and cameras are completely clear. (I keep them cleaned almost daily as recommended by my detailer to keep them from getting scratched).

The wipers moving across the film before they are wet moves whatever dust / dirt has accumulated since then last manual window cleaner / microfiber cloth wash. Did not like it at all

• Informative
Reactions: All In