Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still expecting June Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was honestly cool until i saw 4-8 weeks on the website. At that point it felt like i had swallowed the red pill.(or what it the blue pill?) Anyway, the longer we have to wait the better the fit and finish issues will be most likely. Fingers crossed :)

Agreed. I got a really good CarMax offer, wayyy more than Tesla offered AND I got them to match, so I’m getting that amount plus the tax savings. That’ll all expire at the end of the month and unfortunately they’ll no longer match CarMax :(

Model Y - LR Black/Black 19" : VIN 12XXX (newbie here trying to put in as much info as possible if it helps.)

1) Ordered 2/2/2020
2) Text recvd : 6/2 - We expect your Y to be delivered within 2-4 weeks
3) Text recvd : 6/11 - Your Model Y is on its way to delivery center
4) Text recvd : 6/12 - Schedule your delivery - I scheduled for 6/25

During this time I have had recvd calls for any information or questions that I might have.
Applied for finance across 3 banks. Price matched to [email protected]. Rate was matched with a better term.

Was getting nervous with all the negative press for model Y, but looks like exceptions. So gonna keep moving forward.

Looking forward to the riding into the future :) and hanging out here for help and questions. It has been a learning experience so far in these forums.

Also send a text to the sales advisor to make sure all the checks are done prior to delivery.

Every experience with all the Tesla reps have been outstanding and responsive so far.

All cash, no trade-in. Should be the easy-peasiest for Tesla.
Even though I had initially selected I would finance part of the cost I was told by the local delivery center to select cash and that would push the order thru more quickly. I had a VIN the next day. Coincidence or not I don't know. Once I got the VIN I applied for a loan and updated the payment section. Delivery next week.

Ouch! saw the first model Y driving around in my area yesterday... I ordered mine in Jan (Blue/white LR,AWD, 20”)... crickets so far. Maybe that white interior is a snag?
I ordered in October and still don't have a VIN.

I got the 2-4 week text on 6/2 but that was it. Out of boredom last night, I tried replying to it asking for an update. Then today someone from Nevada called me, but he didn't offer much new information. Still waiting on a VIN and they're trying to get the car to me by the end of the month...or early July.

Mine is 6/27 as well, at the Richmond, VA showroom. White/black interior, AWD, FSD, and tow hitch.

Edit: with Gemini wheels.

With delivery 8 days out I still haven't received a VIN number even though it has been in my source code (118xx) for 2 to 3 weeks, haven't received an MVPA, either. Hopefully it's because I can bring payment to the delivery instead of paying ahead of time, I guess I'll see the MVPA at that time.

Well, it has been 6 days since I received the text that my MY would be built within the next 7 days. Still crickets from Tesla... no Vin, no MVPA, nothing....

Ordered: 5/23/20
Blue / Black
20" Induction Wheels
Tow Hitch
No FSD

Pickup: Carlsbad, CA
Same here, 7 day text on Sunday.
Nothing since, checking source every minute it seems...:oops:
Blue/black
Performance PUP
No tow
FSD
Vancouver, BC
Ordered March 2019

Same here, 7 day text on Sunday.
Nothing since, checking source every minute it seems...:oops:
Blue/black
Performance PUP
No tow
FSD
Vancouver, BC
Ordered March 2019
I saw another thread talking about someone realizing they haven't seen anyone get a blue Y yes. I am also frustratingly awating a Blue/Black long range FSD - I got the 10 day text on 6/2. Then the 7 day text on 6/14. Still no vin in the source, no nothing.

I saw another thread talking about someone realizing they haven't seen anyone get a blue Y yes. I am also frustratingly awating a Blue/Black long range FSD - I got the 10 day text on 6/2. Then the 7 day text on 6/14. Still no vin in the source, no nothing.
I just wish they would communicate better... Who knows we both might get delivery notifications in the next couple of days. But it's the waiting and not knowing that's the issue. It's the worst buying experience I've ever had with a car, the sales associate hasn't been any help, were just in the dark. Then we get a text and we're not sure if it means anything. It's crazy!
Yet Tesla Tesla owners are the most satisfied. So this didn't happen to everyone, obviously.

Well.... just got this text...

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/28 - 6/30 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday