Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still No Update Since Several Months Ago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
I've been on 2021.44.30.5 for several months now and according to the Stats app, there are 12 updates after mine. I know they all don't apply to my Model 3 but you'd think at least a couple would. Anyone else stuck at this firmware?

Connected to WiFi when you're parked at home? Just covering all of the obvious bases. You might want to try requesting a software push via the app. I had asked for one a couple of weeks ago but it was scheduled as a service center visit.

Early on with my car I had problems installing updates (badly formatted SD card) but at least I was offered them.

Service / Request Service / Other / Something Else / Done / Describe concern (ask for software update) / Next / Enter your address / Select date & time for Mobile Service / Schedule Service

That's what I tried and instead of Mobile Service, I was changed to a visit to my local Service Center. I had wanted to go back to an earlier version but after running 2022.4 for a couple of days, I was happy with it and cancelled my appointment.

Yes, it's always connected to my home WiFi while in the garage at home.

What do you mean by requesting a software push via the app? There is no option for that.
2021.44.30.5, which is what you said you have now, is a FSD Beta build. Rollouts of those builds are on a different schedule. I don’t have FSD Beta, but I’ve read that Tesla has delayed the rollout of newer builds. Be patient.

Note that the Model 3 doesn’t stay connected to WiFi when parked, and all Teslas need cell coverage to get notified of updates. Once the car gets notified via cellular, it tries to connect to WiFi to download the update.

Note also that you don’t have to go to the service center to have them push an update if it’s available, they’ll do it remotely. Because you have FSD Beta, you won’t be able to get the new build sooner, so don’t bother asking the service center.

Others with the beta have been getting updates, I have not. My Model 3 never used to have issues getting notifications and updates at home before, now all of a sudden it's having issues. And I know my firmware is on a different schedule due to the beta, but as I said there have been 12 updates after mine and at least one would be for my car.

Others with the beta have been getting updates, I have not. My Model 3 never used to have issues getting notifications and updates at home before, now all of a sudden it's having issues. And I know my firmware is on a different schedule due to the beta, but as I said there have been 12 updates after mine and at least one would be for my car.
Take a look at TeslaFi and you'll see that most people there haven't been updated from the version of FSD Beta you are on. In fact, FSD Beta 10.8.1 is the most common level of firmware listed by a large margin. I assume it has something to do with all this NHTSA nonsense around "recalls" of various features.

I've been on 2021.44.30.5 for several months now and according to the Stats app, there are 12 updates after mine. I know they all don't apply to my Model 3 but you'd think at least a couple would. Anyone else stuck at this firmware?
We have a 2019 and had this issue a few months in. Service attempted to push the update with no success. Had to go to the SC. They disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and did a complete reset. Updates have worked flawlessly since.

I called Tesla support complaining that I haven’t received beta and asked if they are actively rolling out fsd beta. I was told they are rolling it out. That said, yet to find one post where someone received it after 2/5. Anyone know if quickly toggling the standard/ advanced switch might trigger update or would it set me back?