Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stone Chips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a deep chip repaired at the Bristol SC today. I've no idea how they did it, but it was very quick and there's no sign of any repair at all. As mentioned in the other thread about this, there must be a way to repair stone chips quickly and invisible with the right technique. What I'd like to find out is how they do it.

I had a deep chip repaired at the Bristol SC today. I've no idea how they did it, but it was very quick and there's no sign of any repair at all. As mentioned in the other thread about this, there must be a way to repair stone chips quickly and invisible with the right technique. What I'd like to find out is how they do it.

What did they charge you, out of curiosity?

758A9D02-3A0F-41AB-82FE-09E71AA2CE74.jpeg
89F7659D-4737-4B21-827F-96E3C7723876.jpeg
Can you provide before and after pics once you have applied it and also your thoughts on this? Been thinking of buying this to keep just in case but good to hear if it works as well as advertised
89F7659D-4737-4B21-827F-96E3C7723876.jpeg

Attachments

• 5E77265D-DB73-494E-95EF-BB458E5CCB88.jpeg
    5E77265D-DB73-494E-95EF-BB458E5CCB88.jpeg
    449.5 KB · Views: 186
I have a really expensive DrColorChip kit for my black Model 3. I've just used it for the first time and am really happy with the results. It'd take a few more goes to fill the chip flat, but after two goes it's looking much better than my previous experience with blobby paint pens.

I had a small, but deep scratch on my front bumper which I noticed during collection.

Took it into service this week, but wish I hadn’t now - as the smart repair they carried out is not good (pearl white now covered up with a flat gloss white).

Should’ve just got a touch up kit :(

I had a small, but deep scratch on my front bumper which I noticed during collection.

Took it into service this week, but wish I hadn’t now - as the smart repair they carried out is not good (pearl white now covered up with a flat gloss white).

Should’ve just got a touch up kit :(

I suggest you complain. Others have had invisible repairs in similar circumstances. It can be redone. There's no excuse nowadays.