Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop complaining and start promoting if you want Tesla to survive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To those who are upset (and I get that, I really do).
1. When you purchased FSD didn’t it say features would come later and they didn’t know when that would be?
2. So did it say you were paying for a product that wasn’t yet available?
3. Did it say that the price was fixed for all time and couldn’t go down because of demand?

When I didn’t buy EAP or FSD 8 months ago I saw the answers as:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

And so I didn’t want to buy the vaporware knowing this price adjustment could happen.
I was planning on waiting for a price drop when they needed to sell more units. Or for the software to advance enough for it to be worth it for me. Knowing that by that time the price could have just as well gone up to $10,000 for FSD with the need of new hardware when it finally becomes level 4. And if I don’t buy now it still could be. The current price (for me) is ~1/2 what it was last week. What will it be in 3 months if I don’t buy now? I dunno. But at $5k for both I’ll take my chances. If I don’t now then it could be double. Or by the time we have all the features it could be only the price of a hardware upgrade and they decide all Tesla’s get the software for free.

This isn’t about the price being adjusted, it’s about not being able to use the product before it’s adjusted. I know that sucks. IMO everyone who already paid for FSD should be given the price adjustment to reflect the current price because it’s not been delivered yet. But Tesla is under no obligation to do this. Just like they were under no obligation to lower the price for me to now pull the trigger (and as a shareholder I wish they hadn’t). If the price wasn’t adjusted I would have just waited until level 4 was live and bought then at whatever the price is.

Absolutely - Tesla ISNT under the obligation to do anything. The problem though is that unlike the past...Tesla doesn't seem to be looking at "people" who finance them by purchasing their cars.....and their customers reactions overall......then Tesla has a decision to make - EVEN if they aren't wrong by definition.

They should ask themselves. Is this decision that we made worth what it is/might do to our image to future customers?

That's a much bigger question for Tesla than - are we contractually right or wrong?

Tesla doesn't need stuff like this: Tesla owners literally protest over drastic price cuts

They are still a new company trying to break ground in an area that drastically needs it. Every Tesla employee ( and ELON ) should read Elons mission statement every day and see if the current decision on the table helps or hurts.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
They should ask themselves. Is this decision that we made worth what it is/might do to our image to future customers.

And to our current customers. You know, the ones who will sell our product now that we don’t have a sales force in person to do that for us anymore....
Sadly I don’t think they thought about it enough from the PR side. It was all about the numbers in this case.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
And to our current customers. You know, the ones who will sell our product now that we don’t have a sales force in person to do that for us anymore....
Sadly I don’t think they thought about it enough from the PR side. It was all about the numbers in this case.

If you bought FSD in 2018 for 3k on top of your 5k EAP, you can stop complaining, unless 1k is REALLY that big of a deal to you.

Those of us who didn't buy FSD in 2018 at purchase will get it for 2k, this is not that big of a deal. If you really feel that betrayed by it, maybe you should "protest" like Taiwan and block superchargers and put up stupid banners on Tesla retail outlets.

Exactly.....its almost like they are saying "we don't care about our new sales force that we don't have to pay a penny to"...

We ( Tesla ) aren't wrong though......by definition.

• Disagree
If you bought FSD in 2018 for 3k on top of your 5k EAP, you can stop complaining, unless 1k is REALLY that big of a deal to you.

Those of us who didn't buy FSD in 2018 at purchase will get it for 2k, this is not that big of a deal. If you really feel that betrayed by it, maybe you should "protest" like Taiwan and block superchargers and put up stupid banners on Tesla retail outlets.

Or maybe you can peacefully talk about it in a forum like TMC - and every one that doesn't like it can just "not read it ".

• Disagree

Dude, its the principle. I dont care if its $1 or 1K it is not right. To be fair they should refund 1K. If 1K is not a big deal to you then why dont you go ahead and send me 1K to make up for it?

• Love
Reactions: TT97
mod note: 13 posts moved to snippiness.

Listen, I get it, people have strong feelings about this both ways. But shouting past each other is useless, and personal attacks are against the rules. I'm done with them and I'm handing out bans if they continue. Sorry.

Also, please report items that are clear personal attacks. Please do not report opinions you disagree with and try to make them sound like they're personal attacks. It is a waste of the moderators' time to go through and figure out the context of each report.

Last edited: