Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY misses charging schedule after a software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of the cell phone makers are FINALLY putting in the feature to enable us to cap the charging limit to a lower level, like 80 or 85%. Because that thing you just described, of just plugging your phone in and letting it charge all the way full and sit overnight, was TRASHING cell phone batteries!
I had one phone with that option that, and it would then fake the percentage so it still showed 100%. I liked that. Actually just stopping at 80 or 85 on a newer phone bugged the crap out of me though. Doesn't bother me on the car...

I have had charging get screwed up the morning after an update if I do the update while plugged in (I use off peak but usually departure is before the off peak ends). If I run the update and then plug in afterwards, everything is fine. So now, I just make sure not to update if it's plugged in.

I have had charging get screwed up the morning after an update if I do the update while plugged in (I use off peak but usually departure is before the off peak ends). If I run the update and then plug in afterwards, everything is fine. So now, I just make sure not to update if it's plugged in.
I have had that happen to me before so now if I know a software update is going to perform when I am plugged in, I try to execute it well before I go to sleep so that when it is done, I go back out to the car to unplug and replug to "reset" the status.