Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Store pickup vs home delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a first time Tesla owner, do you suggest picking up the MY from the store or home delivery? If I want to pick up from the store, do I enter the Tesla location in the "Delivery Location" on my order page? Thank you!

At some point in all this process, I gave them my zipcode, and I suppose I'm in OKC area and the nearest Tesla place is in Plano TX, about 3 hours one way. So I entered my home address, and that's what shows as delivery point on my account.

Has anyone here had a Tesla delivered to your home? What was it like?

I’m in the Bay Area. I confirmed this weekend with Tesla agents that although my delivery location says my home address on my account, my Y will actually be “delivered” to the Fremont “Hub” Delivery Center about a mile from the factory. Saw a carrier headed south on 101 this morning. So exciting!

Highland Park might be closest to Madison. When I got my 3 last December they offered home delivery saying it was available if you were over 220 miles away (used to be 160). I’m 250, but decided to pick it up myself anyway. Probably would have been fine to have them deliver it, but it does require you to pay ahead in Wisconsin, where you can just write the check when you pick it up in Illinois.

Highland Park might be closest to Madison. When I got my 3 last December they offered home delivery saying it was available if you were over 220 miles away (used to be 160). I’m 250, but decided to pick it up myself anyway. Probably would have been fine to have them deliver it, but it does require you to pay ahead in Wisconsin, where you can just write the check when you pick it up in Illinois.

I am 220 miles away pretty much on the dot for two cities (maybe a couple of miles short). Are you allowed to pick where you would like to pick it up or is that chosen for you? Can you pick them up from a service center or just stores? I would prefer one city over the other but it just has one service center and no store. I will most likely be picking it up unless the transport is the electric semi (that i would want a few pics of). A diesel transport driving 350 km just to drop off one car not required.

Yes, I believe that is the closest location. I don't care either way I guess, just really excited for it.