Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, it’s based on NWS and is supposed to charge above 100% from what I understand. Mine goes into SW but doesn’t go above 100%. I need to get with Tesla about that.

Note that when they say it charges above 100% it’s kind of hidden. It’s not like the app will show it charged to 105% or 110% or anything like that. Instead people can see it by observing the power flow. Normally once the powerwall reaches 100% you will stop seeing power flow into it, but what people are saying is that when stormwatch is on the powerwall will reach 100% and they will still see power flowing into the powerwall for some time. And likewise, when it starts discharging it will stay at 100% for a while even as power keeps discharging from it.

If you’re not seeing that behavior then it might be worth talking to Tesla.

I am also on Storm Watch (west EDC). I am outside of the RFW zone on the map but if I click my location it says I am affected. Playing with their forecast map just 1/2 miles further east and they have no RFW.

Not sure what caused this with NWS since the winds were much worse last week. Maybe because of the impact of the fire in Solano County they are being extra cautious.
.An upper trough passing to the east will bring a period of
breezy northerly winds to the region today. These dry winds will
lower daytime humidities into the 10 to 15 percent range for many
areas accompanied by moderate to locally poor overnight recoveries.
A number of grass fires have already started yesterday, while a
larger wildfire is currently impacting Solano County

I am toggling mine off during peak. At least it turned on during off peak so it did not charge my batteries at peak rates.:eek:

I got the storm watch alert around 11:20 AM Sunday. I noticed the red flag alert from NWS for strong winds in Central and Northern California in effect Sunday 11PM to today 8 PM. It’s cool having this but I always debate having it on since where I live is not part of PG&E or their PSPS. I guess I’ll err on the side of caution and let storm watch do its thing.

While this post may be about Storm Watch operation, I am finally able to see this part of my app! Great!
Just saw it this morning when I checked. Wasn't there yesterday as I have been checking since I notified Tesla soon after installation late May.
I also noticed the app number on phone to be 3.10.6. Not sure if that is an update or not.
Hopefully I will get notified for this and Grid Down condition as well.
Evolutions is slow. :)

Reactions: aesculus