Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange behaviour with the headlights...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

first of all, TMC is a great forum. Since this is my first post, I guess I have to admit, that I am reading silently for a while now and that I like the forum and the community within very much.

The reason I am posting is, that I encountered a minor "problem" with the 2 last FW-updates.

I usually have the setting "headlights after exit" switched on. With both the last and the FW before that something strange happens, when I still sit in the car after I have driven the car a while and staying in hte parking lot. I usually switch the headlights off manually, because I don't wanna disturb others while I am sitting in the car listening Music.

After about 20 minutes, the headlights turn on automatically and it is not possible to switch them off again in the center screen.

A simple screen reboot does not solve this problem. The only solution for me right now is to go out of the car and lock the car with the keyfob.

It is a bit annoying if you have to wait in heavy rain and have to go out of the car for that purpose only. Does someone had the same experience?

Cheers, SB-Norge.

Sometimes Tesla gets the logic screwed up for headlights in different countries with the various regulations...

For example, for a while there, moving the lights slider to OFF actually turned ON my headlights. Moving it to ON or Auto cause them to come on. Moving the slider to Parking caused just the parking lights to come on. And it was just bizarre that sliding it to OFF caused them to come ON again.

Then it changed one day... one of those "minor fixes" they don't talk about in release notes.

Moral of this story: your issue may just go away one day. Hang in there!