Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange minor issue with the car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was away for the last ten days, and car was NOT left on charge. I could not connect via the app while away as it could not wake the car. On return, no issues starting and driving but 3G did not connect for the entire 28km drive home from the under cover car park at the airport. (Park N Fly). Consequently trip failed to update as did the map display. I rebooted the touch screen and by this morning all was well, and 3G found.
HOWEVER, i now see that my odometer is back at 350km!! It was over 15000km previously. tried rebooting the instrument cluster, but no dice. Going to the trips screen it does correctly display my lifetime kilometre and also my trip B (zeroed when we got ver 7).
All other functions of the car are correct. So, anyone else experienced this?
I will probably ask Huw tomorrow, but i can't think of anything to rectify the situation beyond what i have done.

I do note that it is possible that there was poor to zero signal in the car park, but i did not check that.

At least twice now I have had the car not wake for the app. This is despite having the always on option enabled and having the car plugged in overnight. A dashboard reset using the steering wheel buttons fixed the issue. As far as I no my odometer was not affected but if I did loose a few thousand km off my odometer I wouldn't be too concerned.

At least twice now I have had the car not wake for the app. This is despite having the always on option enabled and having the car plugged in overnight. A dashboard reset using the steering wheel buttons fixed the issue. As far as I no my odometer was not affected but if I did loose a few thousand km off my odometer I wouldn't be too concerned.

One of mine has refused to wake up all weekend. I tried everything. Prepared a long text of the issue for nathan, and before I sent it I thought I'd try again.....and it woke up.
Fairly certain it's the self learning, and it's going through the teenage stage.