Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange new icon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This strange new icon just started appearing intermittently a few days ago. I've searched the manual and sent a picture to my contact at Tesla, who has yet to respond, and can't identify what it is.

Anybody have a clue as to what it means? Thanks for you feedback.

20200506_135951.jpg

I see that one all the time, especially on residential streets. Mine always shows 20mph though, don't recall seeing it at higher speeds. Odd thing is that even residential streets are 25-30mph, so I'm not sure why I see 20mph all the time.

I started seeing the icon for the first time after 2020.12.11.1 and the HW3 upgrade. Never seen it before. Checked my settings and the Speed Limit Warning is turned off yet I continue to see the warning icon. Interestingly the speed limit setting shows 50 mph...grayed out because it is turned off and the icon still pops up. I tested it by slowing down to 45 and then speed up to 55 and it comes on every time the vehicle speed increases from below 50 to above 50.....every time, even with the function turned off.

I started seeing the icon for the first time after 2020.12.11.1 and the HW3 upgrade. Never seen it before. Checked my settings and the Speed Limit Warning is turned off yet I continue to see the warning icon. Interestingly the speed limit setting shows 50 mph...grayed out because it is turned off and the icon still pops up. I tested it by slowing down to 45 and then speed up to 55 and it comes on every time the vehicle speed increases from below 50 to above 50.....every time, even with the function turned off.

Also verified it is off on the phone app as well.....

Did you try urning on Speed Limit Warning to Display/Absolute? If so, what MPH did it show?

The odd thing here is that the OP's screen shot shows the car is doing 52mph is a 55mph zone. Why would a speed limit warning be shown when you are driving under the speed limit? Also, my car shows the same warning but for 20mph and there are no 20mph zones anywhere. This has to be related to something else. My Offset is set to +20, so maybe it has to do with the offset value? Can anyone with an Offset value set confirm if they are seeing this display warning and if it matches the Offset value?

I will change my Offset value today and see if the displayed warning message changes at all.

Part of the new autosteer on city streets system is that you can no longer go over the speed limit on city streets while using autosteer. It lets you know this with a "ding" and this symbol. Have you ever seen this symbol while not using autosteer on city streets?

Part of the new autosteer on city streets system is that you can no longer go over the speed limit on city streets while using autosteer. It lets you know this with a "ding" and this symbol. Have you ever seen this symbol while not using autosteer on city streets?
I don't have HW 3.0 yet, so I don't have the new features. However, I see this warning message all the time when driving the car manually. I rarely use AP or TACC while driving on city streets.