TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Strange startup issue

Discussion in 'Model S' started by silby1383, Aug 23, 2016.

1. silby1383

silby1383 Member

Every now and then my 2016 model S acts strange when I "start it up". When I approach the car the handles come out and the radio and displays turn on. All is normal when I get in and sit down. Immediately when I shut the door both displays go black, and the radio and AC go off. It all comes back normal after about 2 seconds. Almost as if it is doing an extremely fast reboot.

Has anybody else seen this?

2. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

Do you have your key fob and cell phone in the same pocket?

3. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

Yep, this happens to me too occasionally. I've also had the large display flicker on-and-off for a few moments before fully staying on. Caught it on video the other day...

4. DJung

DJung Member

Yep, you might want to contact Tesla Service. Looks like you might have a bad MCU. I haven't experienced anything like that personally and I don't recall hearing about this issue before.

5. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

Seeing that it only happens at start up and only on occasion I assume it's a bug of some sort. Not too worried about it but if it becomes worse I'll contact them.