Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming songs stopping at 40 seconds left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good news for me is that I have a disorder where I hate the last 40 seconds of every song. This has been a great upgrade. ;)

In all seriousness, it does seem to have taken away the "skipping" issue I had with Slacker playback in 7.1 on my X. That was when there would be a very brief gap (quarter of a second or so) in the middle of some songs. I haven't heard that since. Maybe they aggregate it all and just skip the ends of songs instead. :)

In all seriousness, it does seem to have taken away the "skipping" issue I had with Slacker playback in 7.1 on my X. That was when there would be a very brief gap (quarter of a second or so) in the middle of some songs. I haven't heard that since. Maybe they aggregate it all and just skip the ends of songs instead. :)
I had this skipping issue as well where almost every song would have a brief blip, some not very noticeable, some very obvious. But mine have also gone away with 8.0.

A big DITTO here, I was going to upgrade from 3G to LTE. I was told that problem was fixed after doing that by one driver. It costs about $500.
Any thoughts on this??

It's highly unlikely a network change will change this behavior. I've opted not to get LTE -- it's not in all areas I drive and it won't fix the (current) browser speed issue and the other stuff does pretty well on 3G.

While some like the new behavior of restarting a song, I think it's a bug. It's not how the streaming media worked for the last couple years and the case where you're doing a lot of short stops makes you listen to the first half of the same song over and over. I loved being able to pick up where I left off and hope they bring that behavior back.

I wouldn't call it a bug. When you get in the car, would you prefer to listen to a song starting in the middle or from the beginning? I'd prefer to hear it from the beginning.
I would prefer to continue where I left off. See my thread - long songs and short drives. Most of the time I drive 4 minutes to the commuter train station in the morning and evening. If I have a long song playing then I never get to hear the end of the song as it keeps restarting.