Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several days ago my Model 3 Streaming stopped working. Radio OK, nothing else works on Media. O have Premium Connectivity monthly subscription. Anyone know how to resurrect streaming? Tried to phone Tesla about it. Tried to tell Tessla about it in the "Tesla App", Neither way was I able to connect a support person.

Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I would say "welcome to TMC but you have been here a while, so "welcome to your first post".

You mention (it appears, anyway) that you do have premium connectivity subscription. I would start by verifying that you actually, do in fact still have a subscription to premium connectivity showing in your online tesla account (not the app). Log into the tesla website and check.

note that, when I just went to log into my tesla account to see if I could provide click by click instructions to check this on teslas website, the interface has changed again, and I was unable to get to the "manage" section of my vehicle right now. I dont log in there often so not sure how long its been since the interface changed.

If no streaming works in the vehicle, its likely due to not having a premium connectivity subscription, even if you think you are paying for one (expired card, some error on teslas side, etc).

Start there.

Last edited:
I would say "welcome to TMC but you have been here a while, so "welcome to your first post".

You mention (it appears, anyway) that you do have premium connectivity subscription. I would start by verifying that you actually, do in fact still have a subscription to premium connectivity showing in your online tesla account (not the app). Log into the tesla website and check.

note that, when I just went to log into my tesla account to see if I could provide click by click instructions to check this on teslas website, the interface has changed again, and I was unable to get to the "manage" section of my vehicle right now. I dont log in there often so not sure how long its been since the interface changed.

If no streaming works in the vehicle, its likely due to not having a premium connectivity subscription, even if you think you are paying for one (expired card, some error on teslas side, etc).

Start there.
Thanks for your response. I did look at "my account" on the tesla.com website and it confirmed my subscription (see screen shot). I've had streaming sin I received the car (Nov., 2018) and it's worked perfectly until a few days ago. I don't recall doing or seeing anything that might hav
screenshot.2.jpg
e caused this change.

I'm having issues with spotify also. Takes 5 to 30 seconds for songs to start playing 90% of the time. Then songs randomly skip to another song 1/4 or 1/2 way through about 25% of the time..
You know, just when you really start rocking out to the best part of the song, then pause...wtf...changes to another song...wtff...loads more...wtff,fff...
Been happening for at least a week now. The rest of Premium connectivity seems to be working fine. No updates since it started, did the reboot, didn't help. Hoping they fix whatever the issue is. Its like having slow dial up internet...

My streaming has been down solid for a week or more. None of the selections work (Classic Rock is my fave); the icons don't respond; the "Play Button (Right arrowhead) does nothing. Does anyone know how to get help from Tesla for this issue? It's not a "real" emergency, but it is very annoying. I am quite technical (full-stack website developer) but not geeked-up on the Tesla.

Thanks, Romeo Alpha, I called the number in the owners manual, which is the number you cited. THe message did not provide any options except emergency roadside service or referral to the phone app.
Last thing I can suggest is to start a chat session (only available Mon-Fri).. Log in to your online Tesla account. Click on 'menu', scroll to the bottom and click 'contact us'. Choose 'vehicle and app features' from first drop down and 'software and firmware' from the second and hit submit. Hit 'yes' under 'do you need more help'. Type your issue in the box and click 'start chat'. You should then be connected to a person.

Good luck.

Have you rebooted the car? Only time I loose Spotify is when LTE has 1 or 2 bars. Also have you checked that you are on streaming and not the phone. Can you bring up the Spotify App and sign out and back in to see if it fixes it or are you loosing tune in also? If you have no bars under LTE then your modem either died or your in a dead zone.

@Jim Brooking

At this point, I am leaning toward you having a hardware issue, since you have ruled out a loss of premium connectivity due to it not being purchased. Try removing your home wifi connection from the car (so it wont connect to your wifi while at home) and moving the car to your driveway (if its in a garage) and seeing if you have the LTE connectivity symbol in the car.

If there is a cellular symbol with a slash through it, that means no connection, similar to other cellular devices. Then, try driving around the block or something and see if the connection comes back (ruling out your home being in a dead spot for ATT which is what the car uses).

If still a slash, then you would make a service appointment for the cellular modem not working.

Same issue here: none of my media apps show up (YouTube, Netflix, etc) and Careoke doen't even show up. Spotify does however. Verified premium connectivity and did a 2 finger restart. Running 2021 Model 3 Performance.

Happened to me today. Took 30 minutes to connect to slacker, kept asking me to log in. Since I have a premium account i kept trying to log in using my Tesla account option. It kept failing and then eventually came back on its own

My 30-day trial ended, so i paid the $99 for a year premium service, but have not been able to connect to slacker. Keeps asking me to login, but nothing happens. Been that way for 2 days. I don't see any "Chat" options in menu. Phone number seems to be for roadside assistance. How do i contact Tesla for help? I miss my Siruis XM Radio! They were easy to contact.