Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck with FSD beta suspension on 10.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in your boat and stuck on 10.5. Considering how I ended up in the situation, I’m pretty furious about it. I had a 99 safety score after hundreds and hundreds of miles driven, maybe 1000 or more. I’m a safe driver. I got booted from the program without any warning, on a back road when I simply took my eyes off the road to adjust something on the screen for just a second. I received no email. I had no warning of this being my last chance, or anything like that. I didn’t even know such a thing existed.

I had no idea that the program was so strict, and had I known, I simply would have not been using FSD. But because I didn’t know about any of this, I just left it on all the time. And now I seem to be in some form of purgatory. I still have all the phantom braking, all the problems of the FSD software, and none of the benefits. And today, I don’t even get the holiday update. Sucks.

It may be unrelated to suspension. We are still stuck on 10.5 but haven’t been booted/suspended. I still use FSD beta all the time, but we never got the 10.6.1 upgrade and haven’t gotten the holiday update yet either. Just stuck using FSD beta on 10.5 only.

It may be unrelated to suspension. We are still stuck on 10.5 but haven’t been booted/suspended. I still use FSD beta all the time, but we never got the 10.6.1 upgrade and haven’t gotten the holiday update yet either. Just stuck using FSD beta on 10.5 only.
We can’t actually use the FSD , it’s toggled off and we are not getting any updates so what’s the point

Yup. Still suspended
Wait, gadgetfreaky, you're saying that you were suspended like we were, and you received the update today AND you are STILL suspended even at 10.8? If that's the case, I'm demanding to be opted-out immediately, and if I have to send written, certified mail to Tesla to get it done, that's what I'm doing. I can't believe I have not received the holiday update. I've had my M3 for 2.5 years and always received updates on-time, with everyone else. Now, all of a sudden I'm a leper! Argh!!! I've never been so let down with Tesla--a company I have championed to all who would listen for years.

• Funny
Reactions: Bill Foster
The point was you're not necessarily being kept from update versions on the FSD branch because of suspension, because we were as well and not suspended.
See you got the update …I’m just wondering if anyone us who got suspended within a day will get the update or at least inform us about where er are standing… like I was I knew who to contact .. Tesla customer service is absolute *sugar* show

I’m in your boat and stuck on 10.5. Considering how I ended up in the situation, I’m pretty furious about it. I had a 99 safety score after hundreds and hundreds of miles driven, maybe 1000 or more. I’m a safe driver. I got booted from the program without any warning, on a back road when I simply took my eyes off the road to adjust something on the screen for just a second. I received no email. I had no warning of this being my last chance, or anything like that. I didn’t even know such a thing existed.

I had no idea that the program was so strict, and had I known, I simply would have not been using FSD. But because I didn’t know about any of this, I just left it on all the time. And now I seem to be in some form of purgatory. I still have all the phantom braking, all the problems of the FSD software, and none of the benefits. And today, I don’t even get the holiday update. Sucks.
I’m in the exact same boat. Extremely disappointing Tesla gives us no information.

I'm in in the same boat. Got suspended on 36.8.8 and here in purgatory. No holiday update and no way to opt out of FSD and go back to the regular non beta group. Pretty ridiculous the way they have this setup but par for the course with Tesla.

I'm assuming we will get it at some point in the next week but then again not holding my breath.

So am I correct that there appears to be three of us in this situation? That’s a tiny number of people. Tesla obviously doesn’t care about three cars. It seems like we need to opt out, if we ever want to move forward on firmware. I’m just not sure how to opt out at this point, since they don’t respond to my emails.

I wish I could be as zen about it as you, Division. But I’m really unhappy about this. First of all, I believe my being suspended was nonsense. It all happened very fast, and on an empty country road, with no warning. My safety score was a 99, with a lot of driving behind it (I can’t remember the odometer, but it was at least 1000 miles.) I’m a safe driver. Second I am stuck on 10.5 which is just not good software. It would be one thing to be stuck on a good firmware, but 10.5 is garbage. The Phantom breaking sucks! Third, not getting the holiday update is just an insult. And lastly, that there is no way to opt out seems borderline dubious from a legal perspective since the software is so bad, it is clearly a safety issue.

I mean, really, Tesla, at least give me a way to opt out, and to go back to the regular firmware!

Reactions: EVNow
I had a safety score of low 97 and got the EAP FSD 10.8 on 12/25. But it hasn’t worked. Just says autopilot unavailable now when I try to use it. No safety score tab after updating the app too. Sucks not to have any cruise control at all.
Many have said that a hard reset (hold both scroll wheels with foot on brake until reset, keeping foot on brake until Tesla T shows on screen) will fix this. Two resets may be required per some comments.