Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid tire question: where to get a leak fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question: one of my tires has developed a slow leak that I'm going to have to get fixed very soon. Is this something I should just do at any tire shop or service station, or is this something I should come to Tesla for?

you can pretty much go anywhere. Just make sure they use the proper Jackpoints on the car and do not damage the battery. I usually go to Sams Club. If you have a Tesla SC nearby I'm sure that would work best.

Just had a 3.25" nail yanked out of a tire yesterday. Went to a local service station and set the air suspension to very high. They pulled it out without having to do any additional jacking and patched it right there. I did call first however and make sure they thought they could do it. A couple of places wouldn't touch 21" tires. Even managed to sneak in a test drive afterwards for a very knowledgeable car enthusiast that was waiting for service at the same time. Never having had to deal with a slow leak before (had blowouts though), it was a relatively and quick painless process in this particular case.

Just had a 3.25" nail yanked out of a tire yesterday. Went to a local service station and set the air suspension to very high. They pulled it out without having to do any additional jacking and patched it right there.

The problem with that kind of fix is that there was no inspection of the interior done. It's very common for a longish nail to scratch the sidewall of the tire but it's not visible unless the tire is demounted.