TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Stupid tire question: where to get a leak fixed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Argelius, Dec 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Argelius

Argelius Member

Quick question: one of my tires has developed a slow leak that I'm going to have to get fixed very soon. Is this something I should just do at any tire shop or service station, or is this something I should come to Tesla for?

2. dratifk

dratifk Sorry Sold my *****

you can pretty much go anywhere. Just make sure they use the proper Jackpoints on the car and do not damage the battery. I usually go to Sams Club. If you have a Tesla SC nearby I'm sure that would work best.

3. Argelius

Argelius Member

Thanks. I'll look into Wendy SC can take care of it. I'm afraid that day or two I'm in a come out and tired to be completely flat. Need to take care of it quickly.

4. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

Discount Tire will take care of it for free. I have had to make a stop there myself already. The one by me had all the info for how to work on our Tesla Model S already loaded in his system, so they were ready to go.

5. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Stupid Tire Answer: Where to get a tire leak fixed??? Well, DUH! Fix it where it leaks, at the hole!!! :tongue:

6. Argelius

Argelius Member

Welcome to Instant Rimshot

7. shady

shady Member

I took mine into the Tesla Service. They fixed it and washed the car :)

8. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

I picked up a small screw like 2 weeks after getting the car. Grrr. Stopped by Discount Tire and they pulled it and checked for leaks. No cost.

9. Malasada

Malasada Member

Just had a 3.25" nail yanked out of a tire yesterday. Went to a local service station and set the air suspension to very high. They pulled it out without having to do any additional jacking and patched it right there. I did call first however and make sure they thought they could do it. A couple of places wouldn't touch 21" tires. Even managed to sneak in a test drive afterwards for a very knowledgeable car enthusiast that was waiting for service at the same time. Never having had to deal with a slow leak before (had blowouts though), it was a relatively and quick painless process in this particular case.

10. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The problem with that kind of fix is that there was no inspection of the interior done. It's very common for a longish nail to scratch the sidewall of the tire but it's not visible unless the tire is demounted.