Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subscription Agreement v1.3.0 vs 1.4.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
Question re: I have two one says free removal (special deal last year) other is standard you pay removal (one was signed be me, one my wife).

Should I have Tesla clarify/remove the later version or just use the 1.3 if needed in the future (might move in a year or so)

-Subscription Agreement (AZ) v1.3.0

-Subscription Agreement (AZ) v1.4.1

The only advice I would have is, since it sounds like you absolutely are going to be impacted by the need to remove the system from your current location, I would get, in writing, what (if anything) that would cost you.

If there is a choice between paperwork that says you pay, and papwerwork that says you dont, when time comes to remove, unless you can prove your specific contract specifies you dont pay, you would likely need to pay.

Thats general advice though, not specific to this subscription agreement in general... just general advice to make sure you understand what those costs might be. I would also really investigate if you should be doing it at all, since if you are moving in a "year or so" from now, by the time you get the system fully up and running, PTO (permission to operate) etc, you will be moving in "7-8 months or so".

Reactions: vickh
The only advice I would have is, since it sounds like you absolutely are going to be impacted by the need to remove the system from your current location, I would get, in writing, what (if anything) that would cost you.

If there is a choice between paperwork that says you pay, and papwerwork that says you dont, when time comes to remove, unless you can prove your specific contract specifies you dont pay, you would likely need to pay.

Thats general advice though, not specific to this subscription agreement in general... just general advice to make sure you understand what those costs might be. I would also really investigate if you should be doing it at all, since if you are moving in a "year or so" from now, by the time you get the system fully up and running, PTO (permission to operate) etc, you will be moving in "7-8 months or so".

I agree about ROI calc.. My install date is in june We'll be here atleast thru next summer. We started process last year during the removal costs are paid by Tesla deal . During the long process they sent v1.4.0 (we pay removal) so that why I have both agreements on my account :(

I wonder if anyone here has had to take Tesla up on the free removal?

There is a possibility that the buyer will want to continue (some "solar brokers" in the area say panels improve the sale) At least Tesla doesn't do liens etc (in both v. agreements)