Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subscription based Car Wash at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From reading how picky people are with their cars, I expect most forum users to vote no because what if the person doesn't do a good job washing and swirls the car... the horror :shocking:

Yea, I'm not a about to pay someone to:
1) Ruin my car.
2) Waste my time.
3) Clog up super chargers because they aren't vacated when charging just enough to get to the next super charger which I guess you could have our car washed/scratched/ruined all over again :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: Max*
Yea, I'm not a about to pay someone to:
1) Ruin my car.
2) Waste my time.
3) Clog up super chargers because they aren't vacated when charging just enough to get to the next super charger which I guess you could have our car washed/scratched/ruined all over again :confused:
that is you, and that is fine but there might be many others who might appreciate the idea of the convenience of having their car cleaned while putting a charge into it.

Not a fan of the idea either. I would also be concerned about my car being parked next to the car being washed...
If they're using EcoGreen, as speculated, there's basically no water. I think they advertise less than a cup of water per wash. They're pretty highly-rated, and have long promoted using Teslas, so they're a plausible choice for such a service.

Eco Green Auto Clean

If they're using EcoGreen, as speculated, there's basically no water. I think they advertise less than a cup of water per wash. They're pretty highly-rated, and have long promoted using Teslas, so they're a plausible choice for such a service.

Eco Green Auto Clean

Sure, from Eco perspective, but my concern was more of a physical space between cars when ppl are washing them. SC spots are not that large...

However, if the service offered/proposed assumes a separate (not SC) space where cars are washed, then of course I would not have any concerns about this added service.

Sure, from Eco perspective, but my concern was more of a physical space between cars when ppl are washing them. SC spots are not that large...

However, if the service offered/proposed assumes a separate (not SC) space where cars are washed, then of course I would not have any concerns about this added service.
I thought you were concerned about overspray making your own car dirty because the cars are so close together. I guess it's not, but it's not really clear.

that is you, and that is fine but there might be many others who might appreciate the idea of the convenience of having their car cleaned while putting a charge into it.

Agreed. If others want their cars ruined, that's on them....just as long as nobody is washing a car next to mine. I really don't want unnecessary excess traffic from $7/hour workers bumping up against my car or whacking it with some pole.

On long roadtrips, we sometimes stop off at Self Car Wash locations so that we can "blast away" the bugs off the car.

This last one, we seem to recall a bucket with a squeegee at the Centralia, WA supercharger.... Didn't use it as we just washed the car in Portland, OR...

I'm indifferent to ones offered AT the supercharger, there are several supercharger locations that are convenient to self car washes in the network, namely the Beaver Supercharger. There's also one on the other side of the freeway from the Original Truckee location.