Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suction/magnetic phone mount for M3 screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
I’ve had this one for about 5 months and it’s perfect. I swapped out the magnet part for one compatible with my case though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H68QFB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oYc7CbXJEH84T

Need some more pictures. Just where did you "stick" the base? Does it get in the way of your right leg? How about opening the compartments? Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Is the Pitaka piece in the picture the piece you swapped out? The link is not to a Pitaka system but an Ainope according to Amazon. Did you attach the system to the back of the touch screen?

Last edited:
Need some more pictures. Just where did you "stick" the base? Does it get in the way of your right leg? How about opening the compartments? Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Is the Pitaka piece in the picture the piece you swapped out? The link is not to a Pitaka system but an Ainope according to Amazon. Did you attach the system to the back of the touch screen?

I stuck it behind the screen in the lower left. It does not get in the way of any of the compartments. Once in a while, my right knee will bump into it but not often. Yes, it’s the Aniope brand. I have a Pitaka slim case with built in metal that allows Qi charging, that’s why I swapped out the magnet mount to be compatible. Very stable and perfect spot as it doesn’t block the main screen.

Hum. that looks interesting. It doesn't come with a magnet for the back of the phone?
Looks like you already decided, but if anyone else is looking, I'll post one more thing. I got it 6 months ago, so I can't remember, but looking at the site, I guess the magnetic card is not included. Having said that, my Vena phone case has magnets to close the credit card case on the back, and it attaches without anything extra and charges.

Here's a photo with the Xvida charger circled:

Attachments

• IMG_2110.jpg
    IMG_2110.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 324
Installed the Ainope holder this afternoon. Put it at the very left corner on the back of the screen. Seemed to hold but a short time later, it fell off. Probably send it back.

Really? Sorry to hear about that. I think it's gotta be a defect as mine has been on 5 months plus and is rock solid. Did you mount it completely on the flat part and not on any of the curved edges? Cleaned the back good? Remove the film of the adhesive backing AND clamped down for proper suction? Just surprised it didn't stay on.

just a heads up, the screen is fine, but do not use suction cups on the center console or else this will happen

If there was ever a time for the "informative" vote, this is it. I had no idea that the piano black glossy finish was just a film. I covered mine with a wrap long ago and now I wonder if I try to remove the wrap if the piano black will come off with it.

I stuck it behind the screen in the lower left. It does not get in the way of any of the compartments. Once in a while, my right knee will bump into it but not often. Yes, it’s the Aniope brand. I have a Pitaka slim case with built in metal that allows Qi charging, that’s why I swapped out the magnet mount to be compatible. Very stable and perfect spot as it doesn’t block the main screen.

Can't seem to get the suction to stick. I presume that the sticky surface is meant to adhere to the metal (back of the screen) and then the suction holds the unit to the sticky disc. Well, my disc doesn't seem to be very sticky. Any thoughts?